Number Of Servings For Grad Open House

Decorating By flamingobaker Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 3:05am by mcaulir

flamingobaker Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:02am
post #1 of 7

Wasn't sure where to put this...
How should I figure how many servings to have for a graduation open house? Over 200 are invited, but not all come, not all are there when cake is
cut, and not all will eat cake. There will be LOTS of food and other desserts.

TIA

6 replies
mcaulir Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:29am
post #2 of 7

Maybe work from a budget ie. work out how much they're willing to spend/you're willing to donate and use that as a guide.

Otherwise, I would think 80ish servings would be enough. If it all gets eaten, then good, otherwise it sounds like no-one will go hungry!

mcaulir Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:36am
post #3 of 7

Maybe work from a budget ie. work out how much they're willing to spend/you're willing to donate and use that as a guide.

Otherwise, I would think 80ish servings would be enough. If it all gets eaten, then good, otherwise it sounds like no-one will go hungry!

mcaulir Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:38am
post #4 of 7

indydebi Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:48am
post #5 of 7

graduation open houses are the WORST to try to predict!! Is this your party or a client's? If it's a client, then find out what they want to spend and provide food that fits in that budget.

If it's your party ..... only you know how your family and friends respond to this type of invitation.

flamingobaker Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:06am
post #6 of 7

Thank you.
It was for my husband's family. About 150 showed up, which was close to what she figured. I provided 70 servings of cake and 5 dz cupcakes, and there was about 1/3 of everything left over. This was a gift, but I think the budget route is the best way to figure next time.

mcaulir Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:05am
post #7 of 7

I'm glad you had enough. Hope you have someone to help you eat the leftovers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%