Fish Themed Baby Shower

Decorating By Cruise4fun Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 12:53am by cathyscakes

Cruise4fun Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 4

I am co-hosting a baby shower for a friend. I am making all the food and cake. I need to come up with a fish themed baby shower cake.

The parents are scuba divers. I need help with an idea for decrating the cake for a novice. I have got the torting and stacking pretty well down. I was thinking of a 10" round and 8" inch round two tier.

Right now my idea is two large fish on top of the cake carrying a treasure chest with a baby fish inside saying some thing about "adding to our treasure" I was thinking of cutting out coral, rock and seawead shapes for the side of the cakes. I found something similar made with fondant in the galleries. Maybe use fish shaped candies to make little schools of fish on the sides.

I really want it to be special. This is their miralce baby. They had given up and got a surprise New Years Day.

3 replies
wakeandbake Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 4

sounds cool but the first thing that came into my mind was dr. suess' one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish book. i have seen a dr. suess cat in the hat theme baby shower cake on here and it was awesome!

sweetiesbykim Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 4

I'm definitely not the most creative decorator to offer ideas. It sounds like you have it all figured out, though! Sound adorable! The only ocean/water baby cake I've seen is the sugarshack sailboat cake with the white and red life preservers.

cathyscakes Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:53am
post #4 of 4

Hi, I did a baby shower cake with that theme last year, everyone really liked it, its in my pictures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%