Croc Cookie Cutter

Baking By thin4life Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 9:21pm by cutthecake

thin4life Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 17

I am looking for a Croc cookie cutter. psneeds did a really cute cookie that she hand cut. I contacted a place that will make me one but they charge $35 for the first one and $6 for every one after that. Does anyone have one of these cutters? I really don't want to pay $35 for one cutter.

16 replies
antonia74 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:28am
post #3 of 17

icon_cry.gif Please say I didn't just do all that searching and you actually mean "Crocs"...as in shoes, not the animals?! icon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

bbmom Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:31am
post #4 of 17

I'm gonna assume so because psneed5 did some really cute shoe crocs on her blog recently and I dont know what she used as the cutter but it kinda looks like the sneaker cutter to me.

Tug Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:33am
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

icon_cry.gif Please say I didn't just do all that searching and you actually mean "Crocs"...as in shoes, not the animals?! icon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

Oh my goodness, that's just hilarious! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bbmom Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:42am
post #6 of 17

If you google sneaker cookie cutter it will take you to e-bay for a sneaker or baby shoe, looks like the crocs she did to me
http://cgi.ebay.com/COOKIE-CUTTER---TENNIS-SHOE-%2F-SNEAKER-%2F-BABY-SHOE_W0QQitemZ250439995878QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20090608?IMSfp=TL090608202002r38993

thin4life Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:14am
post #7 of 17
Quote:

Yes, I meant the Croc shoes, too funny!

cylstrial Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 10:47pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:

Oh no! That sucks!! I thought she meant crocodiles too.

thin4life Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:24am
post #9 of 17

I think I am going to go ahead and pay the money to have this cookie cutter made. I was wondering if anyone wanted to order one as long as I am getting them made? Please pm me and let me know.

cutthecake Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:42am
post #10 of 17

That reminds me of the time I was shopping with my daughter, and she asked if she could get thongs. I said, "Sure," and went left towards the shoe department, while she made a right, to the underwear department. Neither of us grasped what the other was thinking.

cylstrial Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:44am
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

That reminds me of the time I was shopping with my daughter, and she asked if she could get thongs. I said, "Sure," and went left towards the shoe department, while she made a right, to the underwear department. Neither of us grasped what the other was thinking.

HAHA! That is hilarious!! icon_lol.gif Thanks for the morning chuckle! I'll have to tell my friend this story today!

thin4life Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:56pm
post #12 of 17

Great news on this cutter, Mary from the The Little Fox Factory has decided to make a Croc cutter. It will retail for $1.50, which is a far cry from the $35 that the other place quoted me. She said she would try and have it done by the end of next week. I asked her to let me know when it was done. So if anyone needs some cutters please go to her website and order some. She is the only one that was kind enough to work with me on this, so if we can give her some business that would be great. I will post a notice when it is ready for ordering.

cutthecake Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:30am
post #13 of 17

thin4life,
Thanks for directing me to The Little Fox Factory. They have some great cutters, and so reasonably priced. Have you bought from them before? I'm surprised that they don't sell online, and that orders must be mailed in.
I wanted to request another cutter shape, but there's no link on their website. They want you to send a regular letter.

Does anyone else know any other cookie cutter websites? (I know Foose, Downtown Dough, Coppergifts, Kitchengifts, CountryKitchenSweetArt.
)
Thanks.

cutthecake Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #14 of 17

Mary at The Little Fox Fctory is so nice and helpful! I found their email address and suggested a few other cookie cutter designs. She said they can make some of them, but some designs would not work because of thin, fragile parts. I love when business people are willing to work with you! She also said the croc shoe will be ready soon.
And they have a nice selection of cutters, reasonably priced.

cindy58 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:38pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Does anyone else know any other cookie cutter websites? (I know Foose, Downtown Dough, Coppergifts, Kitchengifts, CountryKitchenSweetArt.)
Thanks.

American Traditions Cookie Cutters, very reasonably priced and nice cutters: http://www.americantraditioncookiecutters.com/

and Off the Beaten Path:
http://cookiecutter.com/

I just got orders from both of them and Little Fox (check out all their dog cookie cutters!). Lotsa fun!

Honeydukes Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 6:40am
post #16 of 17

For those wanting the Crocs shoe cutter, The Little Fox Factory is now making them. I emailed them about an order and asked if they were ready. I'm not sure what they will call them, but for now you can order a Croc and they're $1.50.
http://www.thelittlefoxfactory.com/

Thanks thin4life for asking about this!

ecandal originals is one of my all-time favorite cookie cutter shops. Beautiful copper cutters -- little works of art each one of them. Right now they have a 25% off discount for new customers. Plus their shipping is really reasonable.
http://stores.ecrandal.com/StoreFront.bok

cutthecake Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 9:21pm
post #17 of 17

I just received an email from thelittlefoxfactory.com, and the CROC SHOE (not crocodile animal) cutter is now available!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%