My Little Pony For Neice--Help Please

Decorating By CookieChef Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 5:36pm by Genny_yummies

CookieChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieChef Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 9

I don't normally do cakes. I'm a cookie person. It's been a year or more since I've done a decorated cake and my SIL has asked me to do a cake for my neice a week from Saturday. The cake will need to serve 30 adults and children. I'm always nervous about cakes but the fact that it is for family, has me a ball of nerves. Any help/pictures/inspiration/encouragement are greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated.

8 replies
mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 9

I just did a search for "my little pony" on the home page here on CC. When it comes up just click on more photos it should take you to about 17 pages of "my little pony" cakes (that's a lot of pony cakes). You should definitely be able to find some inspiration there. Good Luck!

scanners2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scanners2003 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 9

You can also Google search for "My Little Pony cake images". There are a lot there too.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 9

I used the template on the attachment, it was very easy, and it was my first cake ever. You could frost it with any color (purple, pink), add some colored sprinkles to the hair, etc.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 9

ooops, I cannot attach the document, it is in Microsoft Word. E-mail me and I will send it to you.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 9

I went and got a my little pony color book. its the JUMBO for 3.00 coloring and activitie book. Its purple.

Inside was big clear pictures to color, I picked one out. copied it and enlarged it 200%.

if you go to my blog (hope I can do this...) www.aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com it should be the second one down. its not instructions, but its pictures of the process.

and since you are not an ametuer like me, you can make it look good icon_smile.gif

I did use 2 of the 11 X 15 (?) cake pans. 3 mixes in each one.

I had alot left over, BUT made the square mini cakes on the sides to accent it and add more cake to it.

you can do 2 or 3 of them to add more cake. icon_smile.gif I estimated the horse itself would feed about 23-26 people.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 9

pic wouldnt post. trying again.??

I just cant make it work, but its under my pictures.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:08pm
post #8 of 9

I did a MLP carousel cake for my daughter. It is in my pics. I got the ponies at Party America and drilled holes throught them. I used candle holders to hold lollypop sticks as the poles for the ponies. I sat it on a turntable so it would spin for her and she LOVED it. The top was baked
in a metal mixing bowl. I kept the ponies for future use.

Genny_yummies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Genny_yummies Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 9

Here's one I did for DD birthday this past October. It joined two different cakes I saw here on CC. Both layers are only 2 1/2" tall. Bottom is 10" and top is 6" (Somewhat more than what you need, but not too much more)
Good luck!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%