Can You Cover Cold Cake With Fondant

Decorating By BCo Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 11:27pm by Sassy74

BCo Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 3

I thought I had posted this earlier today and I cannot find my original post so sorry if you see this as a double post.

So does anyone cover their cakes with fondant straight out of the fridge? I have seen different directions on covering cakes in fondant and some say chill the cake, some say room temp.

It would be easier for me to be able to cover the cake straight out of the fridge - just wondering how many people have had issues with condensation or the cake or fondant being affected by the cake coming to room temp after it's covered.

thanks for your replies!!

2 replies
BCo Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 3

So So Sorry - I found my original post - I didn't get any emails in regards to people replying and then it wasn't in my post list so I don't know what happened - but I found it -

sorry for your troubles!!

Sassy74 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 3

Did you get any responses to your earlier post? If not, I can tell you that a lot of ppl cover them right out of the fridge because it's possible to work the fondant without smooshing your bc under there. If the cake and bc are nice and firm, you have time to work your fondant. Sharon (Sugarshack) puts hers in the freezer for 8-10 minutes. Any longer and condensation might be an issue. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%