Color Flow Imaging...

Decorating By bsanders12 Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 6:06pm by 2txmedics

bsanders12 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 2

Hey Everyone:
I am a newbie at this, so I was hoping someone could give me instructions on how to use color flow imaging. i am making a Jack Daniels bottle cake and I want to use the technique for the label. I understand you use thick and thin icing but I more instructions would be helpful! Thank you to all the can help!

1 reply
2txmedics Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 2

Hi and WELCOME to our hang out!!! Your gonna be "HOOKED"...I had never done a color flow piece until my tinkerbell cake you see in my album...I got alot of help from CCers in here.

It was pretty easy though....I have the recipe that I was given by a spot light member in here...I then got my picture, taped it down onto a cookie sheet, put wax paper over that, taped...and I out lined my image with my color flow and a number 3 tip...let it dry and then I got another tip and filled in my colors once I had tinted the flow to the color I needed.

I got a tooth pick to move the flow close to the edges of the piping and let it dry for 24hrs...I got the details down to the tiny eyes!!!!! I have the recipe somewhere if you need it, have to find it. If you go see my Tinker bell cake, please leave a comment.

good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%