Cream Cheese Sitting Out...

Decorating By kkswmmr114 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 12:40am by chefjess819

kkswmmr114 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 4

I know this question has been asked before but a search of the site isn't turning up anything. I am icing a cake in cream cheese frosting tonight and it won't be eaten until tomorrow evening... so about 24 hours sitting out. I am a little worried about the cream cheese going bad or melting. It will have pretty heavy decorations on it but those are made out of poured sugar, I don't know that they will hold up in the refridgerator... isn't it bad to refridgerate sugar decorations like that?? So should I risk the decorations so that the cream cheese doesn't go bad or melt?? I don't really know what to do... Could someone please give me a little advice?? Thanks!!

3 replies
CakeVision Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 4

I don't usually refridgerate Cream cheese icing except between crumb coat and final coat. Have never had a problem with it as long as kept in air-conditioning. Sorry, I don't know anything about poured sugar to answer that part of the question, but I'm sure someone else will chime in soon. HTH

Liz

peg818 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:24am
post #3 of 4

why would you want the take the chance of making anyone sick? Refrigerate it. Put the decorations on just before you deliver.

chefjess819 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:40am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

why would you want the take the chance of making anyone sick? Refrigerate it. Put the decorations on just before you deliver.

exactly. just make sure and take it out with enough time to let it come to room temp before the decorations, so they don't start sweating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%