Tell Me About Michael's And Other Crafting Store..

Baking By verono Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 2:45am by pattycakesnj

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 4

I'm from Montreal and we plan to go to the other side of the boarder this summer (yeeaahh !! icon_biggrin.gif )..
But I need to know where to get the good stuff !! We will probably go near Plattsburg or Ausable Chasm..

So where should I go to get great cookie cutter, sanding sugar, any decorations or even kokypake ink (if we can get it in store instead of ordering it online?

thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 4

Hi!

I'm not familiar with that particular part of the country, so I can't help direct you to cake supply stores there, but I can help tell you what Michael's stores carry. You can get cookie cutters, but the supply of those is pretty limited. They do carry a lot of Wilton supplies, as does Hobby Lobby if there are some of those stores where you'll be going. You can get some sanding sugar there, sprinkles, cupcake toppers, pans, boxes and bags, but no Kopykake supplies.

Perhaps someone can chime in and let you know what's in that area that sells the things you are looking for.

Deanna

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:32am
post #3 of 4

I'm not familiar with that area either, but Michael's does have an online site, as does AC Moore, which is a great store too.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:45am
post #4 of 4

also check out Christmas Tree shops (new England area) in the kitchen section, I have gotten parchment paper, very long dowel rods, cake pans, cupcake wrappers etc all very cheap. Also with respect to Michaels and AC Moore, they always have coupons for 40 or 50 % off so get them off their website the week so cross the border (they are only good for each week)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%