Pearl Dust On Fondant Pearls

Decorating By gerripje Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm by bakingatthebeach

gerripje Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:49am
post #1 of 7

Hi, I am hand rolling some fondant pearls. When I put them in a container and swirl them around in the pearl dust, it doesn't stick to them very well. I'm using Wilton white pearl dust. I let them dry a little before I put them in a container, and they look great until I pick them up! All the dust ends up on my fingers. Am I missing a step here somewhere or is that just the way it is and you need to be careful? Thank you!!

6 replies
cakequeen50 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:52am
post #2 of 7

I don't usually let them dry very long. Maybe that is why or maybe the Wilton dust, never used that one.
try with some fairly fresh ones.

gerripje Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:20am
post #3 of 7

I'll do that, I have read that the Wilton dusts are just not that good. I have CK dusts too, but since I have to order them online, I never use them. LOL I guess there's no point of having them if I don't intend on using them!

Renaejrk Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:10am
post #4 of 7

I've never used Wilton - but I've made the pearls with other dusts - I only let them dry a little so they wouldn't squish in my fingers when I picked them up! When I did handle them I did get dust all over my fingers, but there was still plenty on the pearls! HTH!

idjitmom Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:53am
post #5 of 7

It is the Wilton dust, that just won't give you the pearl luster, it really is just more of a light sparkle..

Loucinda Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:56am
post #6 of 7

The PP are all correct - it isn't you - it is the dust you are using.

bakingatthebeach Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm
post #7 of 7

I tried to use Wilton pearl dust, wasnt very happy with it. I use the CK super pearl dust. I do however use the Wilton Pearl dusts for my seashells and coloring some of my gumpaste flowers and it works fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%