Well Today Started Out Good Then Boom

Decorating By twistedsplinters Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 12:19am by twistedsplinters

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:53am
post #1 of 15

well today started out great i was ontime with all my cakes had them coming in and out of the oven fast, no mistakes, finished the rest of the fondant work all before noon then time to go to a meeting and boom the car craps out. I stop to get gas before meeting up with a customer and when i go to get back into my car the key will not turn, the steering wheel then locks up and nothing.
I had ppl pulling up behind me to wait to pump the gas had my 12yr old son tell them my car isnt working to please go to another all while im rippingmy dash off. Then some Butt blows his horn behind me yelling go, I stick my head out the car and yell do you not see the flashers, all my doors open hood up, trunk up i start cussing at him you bleep bleep its obvious something is wrong bleep bleep ,the person who was nice enough to come over and help started laughing at the guy bc all he could do is pull away.
And my poor kids they were so hot and sweety. It got up to 91 today outside the car imagine inside. they got out and sat next to the pump to stay at least a little cool, Im crying, they started crying, im cussing at the ppl acting fools, tow truck comes and all the money i just made off the cakes went straight to the tow. icon_mad.gif

And we find out whats wrong tomorrow but my friend who came over after he got off work who works on cars for a living said its the ignition that im going to have to get the dealership to install a new one but thats all that seems wrong with it.

Anyways thanks for letting me vent about my horrible no good terrible very bad day

14 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:02am
post #2 of 15

Aww so sorry you had such a bad day...but relax, pour yourself a little glass of something and put your feet up cause you made it home in one piece, kids are fine and you got all your cake stuff done!

BIG HUGS!!!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #3 of 15

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day. I hope everything works out.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:00am
post #4 of 15

(((BIG HUG))) Thanks goodness most people seemed understanding though.

twistedsplinters Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:17pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks guys! Yeah my hubby is heading to the dealership here in a bit to hear the final word of what is the problem, Oh and my BFF came and got the kids for me took them to her house to cool off while i waited for the tow truck . So they didnt have to stay in the heat the whole time. ((HUGS))

Necey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Necey Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 15

I was in a situation much like yours many years ago and finally one person came up to 'help' me. At the time I thought . "yes, there are still some decent human beings out there" he said "hello", I said "hello", then he said " ya know, I've had days like your's, and then they got worse !"..I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but it was such a redicuous statement I ended up laughing too. I do hope you're having a better day today icon_smile.gif

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 15

I'm sorry to hear you had such a terrible day. Hopefully today will be a great one!!

As for the tow, do you have towing coverage on your auto insurance? Check with them, because if so, you can get reimbursed. Also, is your car still under warranty? If so, perhaps you can get a reimbursement through the manufacturer. Good luck!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:04pm
post #8 of 15

I hope today is a better day.

twistedsplinters Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:20pm
post #9 of 15

well hubby is still working on it he is on the phone, we have to buy a while new ignition system for the car and get it coded into the computers car and everything

twistedsplinters Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:28pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaranne

As for the tow, do you have towing coverage on your auto insurance? Check with them, because if so, you can get reimbursed. Also, is your car still under warranty? If so, perhaps you can get a reimbursement through the manufacturer. Good luck!

no its paid for so we only have collision and liability only on it

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:34pm
post #11 of 15

You know, it always happens like this! It is so frustrating as well. Sorry-hope things get better soon.

twistedsplinters Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 9:18pm
post #12 of 15

ok weve got the part but we have to turn it off and on at 30 minute intervals for an 1 1/2 for it to get programed into our cars computer so fingers crossed

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #13 of 15

it is hard when your vehicle breaks down, but always try to stay positive, good thing your day started off so well and you had the money from your cakes otherwise you would have to come up with the money some other way. Positive thinking, positive attitude, less stress thumbs_up.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:17am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamia

it is hard when your vehicle breaks down, but always try to stay positive, good thing your day started off so well and you had the money from your cakes otherwise you would have to come up with the money some other way. Positive thinking, positive attitude, less stress thumbs_up.gif

That's what I was going to say! icon_biggrin.gif

twistedsplinters Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:19am
post #15 of 15

YAY!!It worked we had to get the "passlock" is what is called programed back into the new ignition its like an antitheft device. if the ignition is tampered with at all it shuts down the fuel system "fuel pump" until we get it reprogrammed but it cranked right up after that. I didnt even want to turn it off

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%