Guitar Cake

Decorating By shelli72 Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 3:47am by xandra83

shelli72 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:53am
post #1 of 5

I was asked to make a guitar cake, and of course I don't just want to make the Wilton pan one. Does anyone know where I can find one or have a template for an acostic guitar that I could use? It can't be the guitar hero or rock band one, this is the old wooden one for an Elvis fan. I hope someone has help. Thanks.

4 replies
jlsheik Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:00am
post #2 of 5

well....I use a 11x15 pan and pre cut a template...I use the far side of the pan for the neck and use the bulk of the pan for the guitar. I am not by any means great at this.
Good Luck

sweetcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 5

i drew around my sons guitar, took it to kinkos and got it sized,several sizes actually,
85% for a 12x18 pan, 75% for a 11x15 pan and 50% for a 9x13. i dont do the neck out of cake, i use foam core.

2txmedics Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:51am
post #4 of 5

I live in the outer Houston Texas area, and we have a cake shop that sells everything having to do with cakes...from books, dvd, classes, molds EVERYTHING...Also they not only sell pans, but I see them hanging in the room...didnt think anything about it, found out that they RENT them out...for like 4.00 a week!!!!

Check around, or get your Michaels, Hobby Lobby coupon and go use it on a 50%off.......or make a pattern out of paper, and trace it onto a cake in the size you want it. I did one recently...its in my albums...

good luck.

xandra83 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:47am
post #5 of 5

My son has a kid's guitar like the ones you get at wal-mart. I used that for a template. I made 2, 18x13 or something. One for the neck and one for the body. you might be able to cut both from one cake, but i wanted to make sure I had plenty of room. I also had to make other parts to a different cake from the second large shhet cake. Anyway, i took cardboard and traced around the body and neck, cut it out and used it as a template. Super easy and everything looks "to scale".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%