Need Help On Idea

Decorating By TSmith Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 5:42pm by TSmith

TSmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSmith Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:11am
post #1 of 11

Someone wants me to make a twilight cake and i dont even know what that it or what it should look like. does anyone have any ideas for me? thanks

10 replies
CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:19am
post #2 of 11

what kind of medium do you use or want to use for it?, buttercream, fondant?

CarrieBear Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:21am
post #3 of 11

here is a definition of what it is from wikipedia

Twilight is a series of four vampire-based fantasy/romance novels by the American author Stephenie Meyer. It follows the life of Isabella "Bella" Swan, a teenager who moves to Forks, Washington, and finds her life radically changed when she falls in love with a vampire named Edward Cullen.

The series is told primarily from Bella's point of view, with the epilogue of Eclipse and a portion of Breaking Dawn being told from the viewpoint of character Jacob Black. Midnight Sun, if published, will be a retelling of the first book, Twilight, from Edward Cullen's point of view.[relevant? discuss]

The Twilight series is popular among young adults, having sold over 42 million copies worldwide[1] with translations into 37 different languages around the globe.[2] The four Twilight books were the biggest selling novels of 2008 on the USA Today Best-Selling Books list.[3]

CarrieBear Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:23am
post #4 of 11

looking at some of the pictures of advertisements,posters, and book covers the colors you might want to use on your cake might be Black,White,and Red

TSmith Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 10:41am
post #5 of 11

thank you all i still have no idea on how to do it. hehe but i mainly use buttercream icing. i have some fondant but i dont know how to use it good. most people around my house doesnt like fondant. so i dont know what to do. but i will research about the book. thanks

CarrieBear Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:58pm
post #6 of 11

you could do buttercream frosting on the cake and if you wanted to make accents for the cake (pawns,apple,flower,ect.) you could do those out of fondant, you wouldnt eat those, just for decoration only.

TSmith Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:33am
post #7 of 11

thanks for your help but why is it all with apples, and pawns?? i just dont get this twilight thing. haha

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 11

Each book cover is black with a single image. There's a pair of hands holding an apple, a pawn, a ribbon, and a flower (I think). Some highlights: Bella is human and in love with the vampire Edward. They go to highschool together. When vampires are in direct sunlight, they sparkle like millions of tiny diamonds are imbedded in their skin. Bella wants him to "turn" her, but he won't. I'm not good with ideas, but maybe I helped a little? Maybe you should rent the movie? Good luck!

TSmith Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:06pm
post #9 of 11

thanks alot. i might rent the movie.

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:15am
post #10 of 11

you should do a search in the galleries. There are several twilight cakes there to give some ideas. Some of the more used saying from the books and movie are " I love boys who sparkle" "only a vampire can love you forever" How long have your been 17? Awhile" "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" I'm probably one of the few who didn't care for the book, but the movie was good.

TSmith Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 5:42pm
post #11 of 11

ok thanks. i will check the gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%