Ok, Now It's My Turn To Vent!

Lounge By abra526 Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 4:31am by Rylan

abra526 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 12

So a few weeks ago, a girl at work got mad at me for not attending her daughter's first bday party. We aren't good friends, I tolerate her at best. After I informed her I wasn't coming, she turned and said, "Oh, by the way, we got her cake from Walmart because you are too expensive and they throw in a smash cake for free". I don't give a rats patoot where she got her cake. Let her get a frozen, pre-iced, non personal cake from walmart!
Now, this girl is leaving our dept. We work in a hospital lab, and she is merely going to work in a different area of the lab, I will still see her on a daily basis. So today, she asks me what kind of going away cake I am making for her! The nerve. I guess my cakes are good enough for her when they are free! Darn shame this gem of a gal is leaving my area!
Someone else told me i should bring her a cupcake with the word Bye written on it....how evil icon_evil.gif

11 replies
umgrzfn Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:04am
post #2 of 12

A cupcake hell....Bring a cookie with Ba Bye!!

mvucic Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:05am
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by abra526

Someone else told me i should bring her a cupcake with the word Bye written on it....how evil icon_evil.gif

Oh my goodness! That is funny! Had me laughing!

Get a walmart cupcake, stale day old kind, and have them pipe the message icon_wink.gif

dahir Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:07am
post #4 of 12

Better yet ----- Get a Walmart cupcake and have them write goodbye on it. Don't want to spend to much right??????
That would be hilarious.

Tracy

SJ169 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:08am
post #5 of 12

WOW this girl sounds like a little biotch!

Quote:
Quote:

Someone else told me i should bring her a cupcake with the word Bye written on it

hahaha that is so what i would do!!

I hate it when people just expect you to do things for them! One of my sort of girl friends is like that and it just makes me not want to do anything for her!!

but seriously i love the cupcake idea! icon_biggrin.gif

dorie67 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:11am
post #6 of 12

You said that she is only going to a different part of the lab so she really isn't leaving and therefore deserves to get NOTHING. On her "real" exit from the lab or even the hospital(don't get excited just yet) then she can get the day old stale cupcake,not a moment before! lol princess.gif

abra526 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:14am
post #7 of 12

Well, I made the comment, "You aren't really leaving. You just won't be in this room anymore".....that just pissed her off. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:39am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by abra526

So a few weeks ago, a girl at work got mad at me for not attending her daughter's first bday party.

I'm still stuck on this part, and it's why I think first birthdays should be outlawed. The kid has NO FREAKIN' IDEA what the heck is going on. It's a party for mom, so stop pretending it's for the kid.

I hate first birthdays. I really do. Because parents are idiots about the whole thing.

kylekaitlyn Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:50am
post #9 of 12

I agree. First birthdays are the most stupid thing ever. Save the money you will spend on the big party that the child will never remember and put it in the kid's bank account. They will actually appreciate that one day!

As far as the Wicked Witch goes, douse her with water and maybe she will melt. She does not deserve a treat. If anything, you should make a cake for your department (the one she left) to celebrate.

abra526 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:55am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekaitlyn

I agree. First birthdays are the most stupid thing ever. Save the money you will spend on the big party that the child will never remember and put it in the kid's bank account. They will actually appreciate that one day!

As far as the Wicked Witch goes, douse her with water and maybe she will melt. She does not deserve a treat. If anything, you should make a cake for your department (the one she left) to celebrate.

I would have to agree. For my son's bday, it was just the immediate family, and we asked that no one bring presents. All the relatives contributed to his college fund, it was perfect. We got some cute pics of him eatin' cake, and no more toys to trip over!
I'm seriously considering taking a cake to work next Monday (our first beeotch free day)

en-passant Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:31am
post #11 of 12

Geez.... babies aren't even sentient at age ONE. That said, I happily make any and all first birthday cakes......... money is good.

Ignore her...... it'll get her goat even more.

Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:31am
post #12 of 12

Honestly, I don't think 1st birthdays are stupid. NOT at all. If they can afford it, then let them do it.

As for your "not so good friend", I feel bad that she is asking people to bring things for her own party.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%