Proud Proud Mama!!

Decorating By Momkiksbutt Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 3:23am by tmr137

Momkiksbutt Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 12

I just had to share with everyone my proud mother moment. This is a cake made by my 18 year old, her birthday is today. This is her very first cake ever, of any kind. I have spent the last 2 days, on the phone, walking her through every single step, including shopping for supplies and ingredients, and coaching her all along the way.

I can't believe she actually pulled it off and that it looks so fantastic! She got it done just in time for her party that starts in 30 minutes! I don't know about you all, but I think this is just a pretty phenomenal feat! I wish you could all have heard how this all went. The staff at Wal-mart and Michaels, that she had contact with, all laughed at the whole thing while she and her 2 friends were shopping.

Me on the phone with my daughter, giving her a list of what to buy, and then "showing" her where in the stores to get them....my daughter and her friends were pretty impressed when they were able to go right to where I was telling them! LOL (Note to self: Does this mean I am spending too much time in these stores?? icon_razz.gif)

Here's the results of all her efforts. She should be so proud that she did this!!

(BTW: Look how smooth her fondant is for a "first timer".....HOLY COW!)

I'm also including a pic of the girl I'm so proud to call my daughter.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

11 replies
Bellatheball Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 12

She did a super fantastic job. Very ambitious for a first project. holy cow!

Rylan Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 12

Nice! She is a very good girl.

JGMB Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 12

Well, obviously, "daughterkicksbutt" too!! She did a wonderful job and, certainly, you should be proud. thumbs_up.gif

SJ169 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 12

WOW that a fantastic cake! Even more amazing is that was her first!! BTW she is very beautiful!

Kimmers971 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 12

Your daughter is beautiful and so is her cake! What a job for a first time ever cake thumbs_up.gif Hope she has a very Happy Birthday icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:23am
post #7 of 12

That's great! It looks like she'll be following in your footsteps!

Parable Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:28am
post #8 of 12

BRAVO! It must be in the genes.

ncox Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:37am
post #9 of 12

That is awesome!! She did a GREAT job on the fondant!! You have every right to be PROUD of her!

honeyscakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:39am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Well, obviously, "daughterkicksbutt" too!! She did a wonderful job and, certainly, you should be proud. thumbs_up.gif

AGREED! icon_lol.gif Your daughter is very beautiful and a natural artist!
WAY TO GO MAMA!Tell your daughter and her friends how proud we all are on this cake.

kylekaitlyn Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:41am
post #11 of 12

Wow! She really did a great job. The cake is almost as beautiful as she is. The fact that she was able to complete such a beautiful, clean cake says a lot about her determination and perseverance. She obviously has a great work ethic and will go far in the world. Bless you both!

tmr137 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:23am
post #12 of 12

I'm proud of her also, and she isn't even my daughter. She did a fantastic job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%