Wasc Doctored Mixes... You Favorite Cake/filling Combination

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 10:06pm by kkswmmr114

mindy1204 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 13

I saw a wonderful post on here with many doctored WASC cake mixes. Tropical, Cosmo, Margaritha etc. What is your favorite/most popular combination.

I need to branch out with my cakes. I usually do vanilla with either just buttercreame or with raspberry. Or chocolate with Peanut butter.

TIA

12 replies
diane Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 13

don't have a favorite combo...but here are tons of filling recipes...if that will help.

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/fillings.htm

DeeDelightful Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 13

I think you can do anything your imagination comes up with on that cake. I just think in terms of replacing the water with some liquid or puree that's compatible to the cake flavor i want and changing up the flavoring.

cocobean Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 13

Dee, if you add puree do you have to subtract anything because of the new ingredient, like less water or sour cream. Do you have to add any more flour? icon_confused.gif If not, does the puree make the cake stickier do you think?

mellee Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 13

Have you seen this compilation of WASCs? http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs Check it out!

arbakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 13

sorry, i know this is a bit off the subject but has anyone made any of the recipes on the ladycakes webiste....they sound sooo yummy! don't even know where to begin to try them. any suggestions? i'm new to all of this so i don't know if i should start a new post for this question or not icon_redface.gif

mindy1204 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 13

I have seen that list... so far I think I am going to do the tropical with either coconut or fineapple filling.

I will just play around with then but would love to try some suggestions.

DeeDelightful Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

Dee, if you add puree do you have to subtract anything because of the new ingredient, like less water or sour cream. Do you have to add any more flour? icon_confused.gif If not, does the puree make the cake stickier do you think?

When i used the puree, i didn't use water. The recipe called for 2 2/3 cups of water, so I used 2 2/3 cups of thawed out frozen strawberries that i put in the food processor (of course thicker than water, but it worked). I would say anything with flavor that you can use in place of the water, would make a great WASC (or whatever flavor it is). i've seen on here where people use melted ice cream that complements teh flavor of the cake.

cocobean Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:43am
post #9 of 13

Dee, the WASC with the strawberry puree instead of the water sounds good. I wish I would have tried that 5 strawberry cakes ago! icon_cry.gif

verosuperstar Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 6:04am
post #10 of 13

Sorry, but what is WASC? I know I've seen it before but don't remember.

SugarFrosted Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 6:08am
post #11 of 13

WASC = White Almond Sour Cream cake, a doctored cake mix recipe...you can find it in the recipes and in about 1000 threads if you do a search here on CC.

DeeDelightful Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

Dee, the WASC with the strawberry puree instead of the water sounds good. I wish I would have tried that 5 strawberry cakes ago! icon_cry.gif

It was MORE than good...Try it out and you will never use water again.

kkswmmr114 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 10:06pm
post #13 of 13

OMG that list is amazing!! I have never done fillings before... but now that my decorating skills are up to par I think I will experiment a little with them. So when you do one of these cakes do you frost in just a simple buttercream?? Or do you use some sort of flavoring that matches what is in the cake and filling??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%