Need Ideas Fast...1 Grad Cake..2 Grads..4 School Colors

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm by FeGe_Cakes

FeGe_Cakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 5

I am stumped on this one. I have a client that wants 1 Grad cake for her son and niece. They attend different schools and have different interest. He is in Basketball and his school colors are black and baby blue. She is in Choir and her school colors are purple and gold.

I sketched out different things and the colors are so odd..I am having a hard time trying to incoporate the colors. A 2 tiered cake is more what the client wanted, but I am open to any and all ideas.

TIA!

4 replies
sadsmile Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 5

Yeah that is a hard one! I don't like favoring either to a top or bottom and mixing it up would be wierd in the wrong way.
OK what about doing a huge grad hat in traditional black for the top tier and split the bottom teir in two sides and decorate with stripes of their colors and their names. Or doing a neutral top layer white on white diamonds/stars with congratulations(you could even do each letter of Congratulations on their colors to mix it upand try to bring it together) across it with two black grad hats each with their own school color tassel on it on top of the split decorated bottom tier. That way neither child is favored and both get equal space.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 5

Yes. It is hard to try not to favor her child over her niece. I also thought about 2 stacked books. And 1 book being purple with gold letters for the subject. And another book in baby blue binding with black letters for the subject. Then a black cap and tassel. And possible a basketball for him and a music sheet for her.

Not sure if she wants that, but will find out. I thought about doing the 2 sided cakes. Not sure how that would turn out. I keep seeing those colors all mixed up and it makes me dizzy. icon_lol.gif

jammjenks Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 5

I know you aren't looking to do a sheet cake, but here's one I did last weekend. Two graduates from different schools. One's colors were black and orange, the other's was green and yellow. After I took the picture, I removed the bottom corner's roses and replaced them with orange ones as well as an orange tassel on the cap. (slight miscommunication) They really liked it.
LL

FeGe_Cakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 5

THANKS! That is a GREAT idea. I know she was looking to do an extra cake. I could do that for the sheet cake.

COOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%