Ever Wonder How Indydebi...

Decorating By handymama Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 7:16pm by indydebi

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:19am
post #31 of 81

Just wanted to say that I am very thankful for her as well!! Was going to Indy and she helped me out finding a cake supply store there. They were GREAT people and very helpful. Thanks for the info!

And stay away from peanut butter and green onion sandwiches!!! thumbsdown.gif Sorry hubby!! icon_smile.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:24am
post #32 of 81

Welcome to CC Mr Indy! You both are wonderful!

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:39am
post #33 of 81

Since everything has been said I'll just say, thanks a lot Debby, you are a blessing for all CCers around the world! thumbs_up.gif

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:51am
post #34 of 81

IndyDebi --you are so wonderful. I just love reading your posts. I have finally mastered your buttercream ( it takes a bit longer for some of us--ha) and it's such a great recipe. I plan on sharing it with my relatives when I visit with them this summer.

Thank you so much for all your help. Count me as a member of your fan club!!!

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:14am
post #35 of 81

FAN CLUB ......I want to join. Thanks Debi

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:26am
post #36 of 81

Hurray!...love her!
Edna icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #37 of 81

Debi -

Thanks again for all the help you've given us.

Mr. Debi -

Thanks for sharing her with us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:41am
post #38 of 81

Got to this post late, again, always on the backside. I am convinced that IndyDebi is Yoda in human form, always the wisest, the one you should listen too, and then...... she kicks cake a$$, and then, back to being the loving, caring friend we have all grown to count on. Thank you my lady, I will always be in your debt. And if we have to, we can always send a little droid out to say "help me IndyDebi, your my only hope!"

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:42am
post #39 of 81

Using the Force again, tirechic? icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:12am
post #40 of 81

LOL yeah, it helps sometimes, and then, well I just sit there till it comes to me.

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:27am
post #41 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndysHubby

After we got married, Debi told me that second marriages are the greatest! Gee, I can't wait until my second marriage!!!

Ok this made me crack up!! I'm sitting here watching a movie (not a funny one) with my family and burst out laughing when I read this!! They all turn and look like i've lost my mind...again!

Anyhow yes Debi is wonderful...I ditto everything you have all said and add that I love her No NONSENSE way of saying what needs to be said.
As i've told her before she reminds me so much of my Dh...I swear they could be related.

Oh yeah Debi...let him eat those things outta the can, no bowls to wash icon_lol.gif

You said he's a stand up comedian....where can we see him???

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:39am
post #42 of 81

have to chime in as well: yay debi and a millions thanks!!!

btw idreamofcakes i love your quote icon_biggrin.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:46am
post #43 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndysHubby

Folks, I'm Debi's husband, Mr. Debi. And yes, she is an amazing woman. But behind every amazing woman, there is a man trying to convince her that he is the king of the castle. It's getting harder and harder to convince her that a man with no thread of his own is the master! I mean, she doesn't even like fried green tomatoes! Or peanut butter and green onion sandwiches! She doesn't even eat Chef Boyardee ravioli out of the can! So what can she possibly know about fine dining???

Phil, You are so damn funny but not nearly as funny as Deb. And...are you crazy??? Peanut butter and onion sandwiches...I won't be serving those at my 4th of July party for you....You will have to settle for grilled chicken or possibly ribs. Now I am going to make one of MY famous cakes for the 4th but I have been given specific instructions from you sister that I can not enter the competition....So see you both on the 4th...

Oh..and Indy Deb for President..!!

Teri

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:34am
post #44 of 81

thumbs_up.gif I'll jump in the fan club too! Wonderful lady with a wealth of information. I especially appreciate the straight forward advice you get from her. Love her and her BC!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

candoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candoo Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:58am
post #45 of 81

Indydebi-
I'm a newbie around here but my hubby and I have almost peed our pants at some of your posts! Your hilarious! You actually look and sound just like an aunt he has out in Ms. Ya'll could be sisters, or maybe even twins! Anyway, we love u already!

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:16am
post #46 of 81

Im thinking she lives on butter cream to stay awake!! debi's the best!!

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:34am
post #47 of 81

OK--I keep hearing about Debi's BC. Anyone who's used both this and sugarshack's, and prefer this? I love sugarshack's, but find it easy to get "pock marks" and imperfections during smoothing. Someone post the recipe, please.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:47am
post #48 of 81

I havent had a great deal of experience involving debi, but the times i have, she has been so wonderful and helpful!! and ive read wonderful things about her recipes ( and i saw the cake she did for the miltary couple, the last minute wedding thing?) She seems like such a wonderful kind giving woman! Im pretty sure god broke the mould after he made you debi! thankyou for helping us all X

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:57am
post #49 of 81

well i think this is fantastic!! yeah debi!! and welcome mr.debi glad to have you aboard!!i have to say though with a wife like debi how can you possibly eat peanutbutter and green onion sandwiches?!?! (do you do that on the sly when she's out catering?)

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:05pm
post #50 of 81

Ditto to everything already said!!!

Honored to know ya cake buddy.......you rock!! icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:52am
post #51 of 81

Personally I think Deb has cloned herself. I don't know how she would find the time to bake,cater, blog, cakecentral,facebook AND move into a new house with out having multiples of herself...or maybe she just has multiple personalities....yeah..that's the ticket...lol..

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:01pm
post #52 of 81

I agree, awesome person, very willing to help. Thanks for being you and all that you do!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:58pm
post #53 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne25

Not only is she always willing to lend some cake advise, somehow she always manages to cut through the cr@p of a situation and tell it how it is! Got to be one of my favorite parts about her posts.

I'll read the first post in a thread then find myself scanning the rest of the thread looking for Indy's comments. She always hits the nail on the head doesn't she?

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:08pm
post #54 of 81

Waaait a minute... you mean there really IS an IndyDebbie? I thought she was just a an incredible figment of our collective imagination; sort of a tough cake fairy godmother.

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:41pm
post #55 of 81

Just wanted to jump on the IndyDebbie fan club band wagon....

thank you for many tireless helpful posts...

and a thank you too to Mr IndyDeb....behind every great woman lies a great man (no pun intended).... icon_biggrin.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:00am
post #56 of 81

I, too, just want to say "thanks" to Debi! She has pm'd me a few times very promptly to help me with buttercream questions. Debi's terrific!!!! thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:13am
post #57 of 81

Debi ROCKS!!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

DakotaDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DakotaDesigns Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:26am
post #58 of 81

and a thank you too to Mr IndyDeb....behind every great woman lies a great man (no pun intended).... icon_biggrin.gif[/quote]

Hillarious! And yes, Debi your amazing. I too find myself scanning for your responses in posts. You are my mentor from afar!

Djor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Djor Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:26am
post #59 of 81

O yes she is a great woman, thanks for everything Indy party.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 3:06am
post #60 of 81

IndyDebi-your advice is always straight to the point and you are always willing to go above and beyond to help anyone that needs it. You are a truly generous person! I personally have learned so much reading your posts. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with those of us that are just starting out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%