Cake Price Help

Decorating By toleshed Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 12:25am by cylstrial

toleshed Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 3

I have been asked by a special friend to make a half sheet carrot cake for her boyfriends 50th birthday. I wanted to donate it since we'll also be at our friends birthday but she won't hear of it. I do not do cakes. I do cookies. But I'm going to for her. I have no clue what to charge her. I know there are quite a few ingredients but she is a good friend.
any body got any suggestions?
Thanks so much

2 replies
nightmoon Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 3

If she insists on paying, just get the cost of the ingrediants back. I make cakes for friends all the time and I don't charge either. But they have to be good friends or family. The whole reason I don't charge is so they can't complain or get whiney and demanding, and they appreciate it more. It also stops complete strangers (other party guests) from asking me to make a cake for them when they find out I donated the cake.

cylstrial Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 3

I would do the same thing as Nightmoon. If just wanted to give it as a gift and she won't hear of it, then just have her reimburse you for the cost of ingredients. If you want to charger her a little more, you can. It's really just up to you. =o)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%