Help -3D Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Decorating By BKLYN Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 11:57am by BKLYN

BKLYN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BKLYN Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 3

For my sons First Birthday I want to do the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in 3d on a full sheet cake. I brought styrofoam balls for the ears and head and the wilton sports ball for the clubhouse body, and i am planning on covering them with crayola modeling clay. My problem is the foot and hand. I am totaly clueless on how I can get the right shape for them. They do not have to be edible. Please help...i just got a quote from a bakery for $750 and I think that is just crazy!

~Brooke

2 replies
Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 3

I have one in my photos. I used rice krispie treats (RKTs) for the foot. I "smooshed" them down really tight so they were sturdy RKTs. Some folks here also put their RK through a food processor and then add the marshmellow and butter for a really tight RKT.

While in the pan, I freehanded the shape of the shoe. You can then cover the shoe with buttercream to smooth the texture out. Follow that with fondant. I molded the hand out of a 50/50 mix of gumpaste and fondant. I started with the shape of the palm and then rolled sausages for fingers and used dry spaghetti as little dowels to hold them in place.

HTH. $750 huh? Wow. Bless them for getting so much.

BKLYN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BKLYN Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:57am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much, I am going to try the rice krispy thing out. Your cake came out great and i love the cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%