I'm Beggining To Freak Out ....!!!!

Baking By verono Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 4:57pm by Kiddiekakes

verono Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 15

In last december/january, I accepted to do wedding favors for my sister's friend... And since it was my first paid contract, I quoted them a really good price... The wedding is on August 1st.. And I will need to borrow my mom's basement for the decorating part ... But I'll bake at my house... And then go at her house with my 2 kids and she'll take care of them while I decorate the cookies.... But I have 100 of them to do like this :
(The larger is about 2.5", and they will be in a 3" square translucide box with a ribbon, but my sister will help me for the packaging, since it's for her friend!) (This is the sample cookie I took a picture .. I've got the idea from Martha Stewart, but hers was bigger)

14 replies
Bellatheball Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 15

Will they be decorated or just have icing in the middle like Martha's photo? If that's the case, it should be a breeze. Making the dough, cutting the cookies and baking should be more work than the assembly.

verono Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 15

They will be exactly as is it on my photo that I posted .. So only white icing (toba's glace)... but 100 X 6 = 600 cookies ! lol !

Those are Martha's : http://therewentthebride.wordpress.com/2008/07/17/cookie-favors/

karizkakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 15

WOW! Too Cute! You can do it, just take it one task at a time.
Make dough
transfer to mom's
box for transfer to wedding

See, only 8 steps!

-K8memphis Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 15

Hey, have you done a test run??? Take the time as soon as you can to work out the bugs. You'll have a better feeling of confidence and control. I mean do it all the way to packing 'em up an driving them over to Mom's with the kidlettes.

You will not regret doing this.

Bellatheball Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 15

That's totally doable then. Bake two pans at a time and keep in constant rotation. You should be fine! Good luck!

TracyLH Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 15

Ditto on that! thumbs_up.gif I save myself so much time in the long run and tons of stress when I do a test run. It agree it will completely pay off! I don't konw if this will help, but here is something I just posted in the forum that I use when doing large numbers of the same size cookie. I know you have a few different sizes you are doing, but it might help for figuring out how much dough you will need and getting the most out of each sheet you roll. Here is it, if it helps:

Again, K8memphis is right on the mark! Once you do the test run, you will find your stress level will drop substantially!

verono Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks everybody ! icon_smile.gif

I already know how much dough how will need... I weighted my dough and the cut-out cookies and with this method, I did the pricing with my cookie matrix... And hopefully they just wanted it plain white.. ! ouuff! lol

-Tubbs Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 10:48pm
post #9 of 15

I've done a few like this (see my pics) and it's really surprising how long it takes to bake them all.

Can you get someone else to help with the baking to cut down on oven time?

Also, try to freeze as much dough as you can in advance.

Good luck!

verono Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:28am
post #10 of 15

Wow Tubbs ! Yours is soooo cute!!

No I can't have any help.. I plan to bake it on 2 days (and evening), maybe 2.5 days...
I'll freeze all my (uncooked) dough already cut... I'll begin in 2 weeks..

Just for my curiosity, how much did you charge for your tier-cake cookie?

emlashlee Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:19am
post #11 of 15

I'll freeze all my (uncooked) dough already cut... quote]

I've never frozen my cookie dough before. Do you thaw out at room temperature and bake, or just pop them frozen into the oven? (Thanks for the side question!)

verono Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:51pm
post #12 of 15

Originally Posted by verono

I'll freeze all my (uncooked) dough already cut... quote]

I've never frozen my cookie dough before. Do you thaw out at room temperature and bake, or just pop them frozen into the oven? (Thanks for the side question!)

I just pop them in the oven right from the freezer ! icon_smile.gif
While I baking one batch, I put my cookie sheet to cool in the fridge while I put my silicone mat in the freezer to be ready for the next batch, so it's go very well this way..!
Then i take my cookie sheet, put my silicone mat on it and then my frozen cookie (I froze them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and then in a ziploc freezer safe bag..)..

Ladiesofthehouse Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:33pm
post #13 of 15

These stacked wedding cookies are super cute!

I've always wondered though--how the heck do people eat them? Do they pluck each cookie off, and isn't that really messy? I could see where the ones with fondant in between may come apart easier, but what about the ones with frosting in between?

cblupe Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:52pm
post #14 of 15

Those cookie cakes are just adorable! How do you make them? They look so thick like little layers of cake stacked. Love them. Do you bake them and then cut them out with a round cutter? Thanks, cb icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:57pm
post #15 of 15

I had over 365 Easter cookies to do for a school in February.I baked in advance and froze the cookies...Took them out a hour or so when I wanted to decorate them.You could bake in advance and freeze and then assemble when ready!

Quote by @%username% on %date%