Window Clings For Van

Business By loriemoms Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 1:45pm by blu_canary

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 19

I would like to put window clings on my van's back windows and side windows. Looking around, all I see are the kind that go on the inside. this would not work as I have the very dark tinted windows (I wanted to keep the sunlight off the cakes as much as possible) Local printers are mucho $$$$. Does anyone found anyone good online? (Note: Iprint and vistaprint do not have the outside window clings.only inside for store windows, etc)

I am also debating getting the van wrapped(it is a white van) but am scared to even ask how much it can cost! Is it also very expensive?

Thanks!

18 replies
psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 19

try build a sign .com

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 19

That's odd about Vista - I had the option when I looked at it to have either inside OR outside.

Having said that, I have heard other folks here say that Vista's quality for these signs and also the magnets was not great.

I can't comment from personal experience though - this is all hearsay. icon_smile.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:05pm
post #4 of 19

I have a small sign I keep on the back of my suv from vista print. and its not the best of magnets butit works. I have purchased a few from build a sign .com and they are much better.

crazyteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyteach Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 19

I am glad I came across this post-- I was wondering the same thing!
I will check both of them out--

Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 19

I'm super happy with my VistaPrint magnets! I think they're great! The first day I had them on, three people stopped me and asked for business cards! You can't go wrong with free!

loriemoms Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 19

I am not looking for magnets, but window clings...

I will try the Sign.com!

PS From Vistas web site on Window Clings:

". The decal is not safe for use on the windows of cars, trucks, buses, or other moving vehicles. "

loriemoms Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:57pm
post #8 of 19

PS I went to Sign.com and it was software for making signs. I am looking for someone who actually makes the window clings. Anyone know of a web site that has the actual clings?

Thanks!

melhoneybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melhoneybee Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:04pm
post #9 of 19

I got mine on EBAY and they were super cheap! It was I think $20 and you get a big one for the back and two smaller ones for each side. You get three lines of text and you get to pick your font and color too. They are awesome. I am not sure of the name of the user I bought from, but you should be able to find them if you search under car lettering.

P.S.- Checked on a wrap too, and it was something like $5000 minimum! icon_eek.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:41pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupcakenameddesire

I got mine on EBAY and they were super cheap! It was I think $20 and you get a big one for the back and two smaller ones for each side. You get three lines of text and you get to pick your font and color too. They are awesome. I am not sure of the name of the user I bought from, but you should be able to find them if you search under car lettering.

P.S.- Checked on a wrap too, and it was something like $5000 minimum! icon_eek.gif

Wow! That wrap is outrageous!

To the OP - have you thought about getting some large car magnets or something with your info printed on it?

loriemoms Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:14pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:

Wow! That wrap is outrageous!

To the OP - have you thought about getting some large car magnets or something with your info printed on it?

I dont like magnets..I think they look tacky, they fall off and they will change the paint on your car. With a van, I prefer the window clings.
We are probably going to go with a local company and get vinyl letters as there doesnt seem to be anything decent online..

Thanks!

melhoneybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melhoneybee Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:18pm
post #12 of 19

Mine are not magnets. I got vinyl custom lettering right off of ebay....we had checked around with some companies first and it was pretty expensive for what we wanted, then we checked ebay and found the same thing, but for all three sides (it is actually 4 lines of text too not three) in the font and color of our choice for something like $20. Outstanding deal!

loriemoms Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:21pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:

Mine are not magnets. I got vinyl custom lettering right off of ebay....we had checked around with some companies first and it was pretty expensive for what we wanted, then we checked ebay and found the same thing, but for all three sides (it is actually 4 lines of text too not three) in the font and color of our choice for something like $20. Outstanding deal!

yes someone else recommended ebay and there are TONS on there! Do you remember what company you used or do you think they are all the same?

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm
post #14 of 19

Check with Staples or Kinkos. I had Staples make a sign for my studio window, they do all kinds of printing things. Just a thought.

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:26pm
post #15 of 19

Acupcakenameddesire...you should be able to check your history to see who you purchased from.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 7:56pm
post #16 of 19

If you're interested in regular lettering instead of a wrap, I got my van done for $250. Both sides, the back door AND he threw in one for my shop door AND since his son had a karate lesson 2 blocks from me, he installed it on the shop door for me.

Here's one photo of the big side. I got it done at Signs Now.
LL

rushing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rushing Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:53pm
post #17 of 19

Are you looking for clings or decals? If you do a search for decals on etsy.com you can find some pretty good deals

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm
post #18 of 19

Just a small word of caution. If your car insurance agent sees what was your personal vehicle is now obviously your commercial vehicle, you may be required to buy commercial insurance.

blu_canary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blu_canary Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:45pm
post #19 of 19

I recently got mine from Vista (I didnt' see the thing about them not being safe for cars) and I'm super happy. The clings seem water proof. They are sticky as well as being a cling, so a razorblade would be needed to remove them. I'm thinking the car unsafe thing is to cover their own tush.

As for quality, I accidentally ordered some with black text first, forgetting I had tinted windows. Then I ordered white text. The printing of my logo on the second set is much lighter than the logo on the other set. But frankly, they still look good.

Other than that, I searched around for discount codes and ended up getting 500 business cards and 4 large clings for about $40. I'm happy with the quality of all of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%