Eiffel Tower?

Decorating By MaxTRexmom Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm by confectioneista

MaxTRexmom Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:13pm
post #1 of 16

My friends little girl wants a cake in this theme...

http://www.birthdayexpress.com/Pink-Poodle-in-Paris-Party-Supplies/50948/PartyKitDetail.aspx

and I was hoping to make an Eiffel Tower for the top somehow. Has anyone done something similar that could give me advice or is there some kind of pattern, mold, or tutorial out there?

TIA,
Emily

15 replies
Renaejrk Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 16

I think a few people have - I made one a few years ago. I had a hard time with it and it was pretty much a free cake, so I didn't try a few different ways to do it to get it perfect. I had tried to pipe melted chocolate in the shape of the "beams", but I couldn't get it to not look sloppy - I still have to learn more about doing chocolate. I ended up using chocolate? or fondant? to make the shape of each side and then stuck them together. I painted the pattern of the beams with luster dust.

I have seen people use RI and pipe the pattern of the beams - I hadn't tried that - I think someone may have a pattern? check the gallery-good luck!

confectioneista Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 16

I have the instructions and template for making the tower. You can see my tower in my pics. If you want the instructions, send me your email and I hook you up! icon_wink.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 16

I did a pink poodle in Paris birthday party for my daughter last summer. For the cake, I did a Paris street scene with a bistro (Wilton house pan) with tables and chairs out front, they had cheese, wine and bread on the tables (all made with fondant) and off to the side I did a little slope and put the Eiffel tower cake topper on it. (It comes with the plastic poodle and a plastic eiffel tower, also from Birthday Express) It came out pretty cute. I don't have it in my pics, but if you are interested I can post it later today. HTH

MaxTRexmom Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectioneista

I have the instructions and template for making the tower. You can see my tower in my pics. If you want the instructions, send me your email and I hook you up! icon_wink.gif

WOW!!! icon_eek.gif

That is amazing! Not sure I could pull it off but I would love to try! I will send you my email! Thanks!

Patty, I would love to see your cake too! icon_smile.gif

confectioneista Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 16

It's a lot easier than you'd think to make! The instructions are really good and detailed.

kayla1505 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:00am
post #7 of 16

confectioneista can I bother you for the instructions too ? icon_smile.gif

confectioneista Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:20am
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

confectioneista can I bother you for the instructions too ? icon_smile.gif

Sure, just send me your email so I can send the instructions to you! icon_smile.gif

kayla1505 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:32am
post #9 of 16

ok thank you icon_smile.gif Ill pm you right now

confectioneista Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm
post #10 of 16

Ok, I've sent out several emails with the instructions to all of you that have asked. If for some reason you haven't received anything from me after you've contacted me for the instructions, please let me know! icon_smile.gif

kayla1505 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:34pm
post #11 of 16

hey confectioneista I didnt get anything, I dont know if you sent it to me already or not. just thought I would let you knowicon_smile.gif

confectioneista Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:54pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

hey confectioneista I didnt get anything, I dont know if you sent it to me already or not. just thought I would let you knowicon_smile.gif

Ok, I'll give it another whirl! Let me know if you get it icon_smile.gif

kayla1505 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #13 of 16

I think my tmail account is acting werid, I havent been getting any of my emails lately. would you mind sending it to my hotmail address ?

confectioneista Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #14 of 16

Kayla, I sent the files to both of the email addresses you gave me, so you should receive them one way or another! Check your email soon.

kayla1505 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:04pm
post #15 of 16

oh yay I got it icon_smile.gif thank you soooo much!

confectioneista Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm
post #16 of 16

Cool beans! You're welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%