White Chocolate Ganache With Key Lime?

Baking By cherrycakes Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 12:20am by CarrieBear

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:28am
post #1 of 8

I am making a wedding cake and will be using White Chocolate Sour Cream cake (essentially WASC without the almond). For the filling the bride would like key lime which I'll add into buttercream icing. I am wondering if it is also possible to spread on a thin layer of white chocolate ganche and then put the key lime buttercream on top of that for each layer? Would it be terribly rich, or would it even work? Thanks for any advice!

7 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:33am
post #2 of 8

Sounds good!! Sugarshack's new video, the topsy turvy one goes into crumb coating with ganashe -- it may be worth taking a look. icon_biggrin.gif

cherrycakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for that suggestion! Are there any others who have tried this combo or at least a layer of ganache with another filling?

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:46am
post #4 of 8

actually I did that a month ago, I made a a wedding cake and the top layer was Keylime cake with keylime white chocolate ganache and lime buttercream on top of that, It was pretty rich, but if the pieces arent huge its not too bad, it was very good though,

CarrieBear Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:47am
post #5 of 8

actually I did that a month ago, I made a a wedding cake and the top layer was Keylime cake with keylime white chocolate ganache and lime buttercream on top of that, It was pretty rich, but if the pieces arent huge its not too bad, it was very good though,

cherrycakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:16am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

Did you use an extract for the ganache? If so, what kind was it? Oh, and by the way...we're coming to Minneapolis for a vacation in July - do you have any cake supply stores that you could reccommend? Thanks!!

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 8

Oooooh yum. I was thinking of making some petits fours like this! Crumb coating in ganache is a great idea. How yummy!

Sucks Im dieting again. icon_sad.gif Baking is on hold for me. lol. you guys are bad temptation.

CarrieBear Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:20am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

Did you use an extract for the ganache? If so, what kind was it? Oh, and by the way...we're coming to Minneapolis for a vacation in July - do you have any cake supply stores that you could reccommend? Thanks!!

Yes I used Lorann Oil Flavoring Key Lime Flavor in the ganache and buttercream

one of my favorite groups of stores went out of business recently icon_sad.gif
But I did find one that I have been going to on recommendation of others and I am fairly happy with it. Its not huge, just a small supply store but I think they are moving into a larger building soon.

Lynn's Cake & Candy Supplies
8195 University Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55432

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%