Baseball Cake Idea

Decorating By cakeheart Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 1:51am by itscake

cakeheart Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 2

Okay so I have a cake order this weekend and she wants a baseball glove and baseball. She also has a head count of 75.
So here is my idea....

I will make the glove and ball about life size ....that wont be enough cake so i am going to make a square cake to go under it and cover it in white fondant to make it look like a base then i am making large cake under that and i thought i would cover about a fourth of it with grass using the grass/hair tip and the other 3/4 with crushed nilla wafer colored a brick red color then using powdered sugar make a chalk line then set the base on top with the glove and ball on top of that

so if that made any sense to you...lol!...please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to help

1 reply
itscake Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 2

your idea sounds great!!!...I am also making a baseball theme cake for my grandson...but I will make the cake part in the form of a t-shirt...with his teams logo on it....I made a 10" sculpture of him out of rice krispies..covered it in fondant and now in in the process of putting clothes on it....I will also make a glove and ball ..have not figured out how yet!!! needs to be gluten free...wish great sucess on your cake...and keep your fingers crossed for mine...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%