Help, Need Recipe For Whipped Icing

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 3:10am by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 7

My father in law, doesnt like b/c icing. He loves the Whipped Icing like at the stores or bakeries he says.

Any idea for simple and quick recipe? Also with this recipe can I do transfers, and will it hold up for designs on cakes, and or borders etc???

Would I tint it the same as b/c? icon_confused.gif

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 7

There's no recipe for it. Several of our members buy it through Sam's Club or Gordon Food Service.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

bakers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakers2 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 7

for a relatively close substitute you can use 2 cups heavy whipping cream with 2 tablespoons instant pudding mixed in just as the cream start to thicken as you're whipping - if you use white chocolate pudding you end up with relatively white icing - vanilla pudding is very yellow. You can acheive pastel colors. okay for simple piping -

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 7

recently got the tip here to try dixie's icing...ordered the sample box for 15 bucks and got several different varieties...love love love the original vanilla frosting and I think that would suit your needs. if you have the time i would suggest ordering from her. i got my sample box in just a few days.

gladysrdz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gladysrdz24 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 7

We use a liquid whipped topping that you whip until you reach youre desired conisitency. We use it for all of our cakes birthdays and wedding. It pipes well and you can make roses and all kinds of stuff with it. It tints the same as buttercream although I think it takes a little more color. We buy it through Best Brands and Dawn which are bakery suppliers but sometimes we sell it to our own customers. You can try going to one of your small local bakeries and maybe they will sell you a carton that you can whip up yourself. HTH

crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 7

It's Rich's Bettercream. Comes in liquid form or pre-whipped. Look at grocery stores, Sams sells it pre-whipped at the bakery.

Search for the post "Bettercream Fun" by Melvira here at CC its AMAZING!!

You will be hooked after reading that post and using Rich's Bettercream!!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:10am
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much all of you...this is what family is....lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%