Rice Krispie Help!

Decorating By diane Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 11:14am by newnancy

diane Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 6

i tried my hand at molding rice krispies for the first time and wasn't sure if i should start molding them when the marshmallows were soft or after you take them out of the frig. so...which is it??? i tried molding it after i took it out of the frig and it was hard to do. icon_confused.gif

5 replies
Deb_ Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:18am
post #2 of 6

Definitely while they're still warm otherwise like you've found out they get really hard.

txnonnie Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:15am
post #3 of 6

I tried this last week and did not have much success. My rice krispie treats did not seem to want to set firm. I tried while they were warm and they kept falling apart...not sticking together.

Parable Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:17am
post #4 of 6

Sounds like you definately need more melted marshmellows.

BlakesCakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:58am
post #5 of 6

I always let my rkts set up for a day, or so, before I mold/sculpt/model them.
If they set up super hard, I nuke them for a few seconds (just to warm, not hot) and then mush them together.
After I get the general shape I want, I cover the structure lightly with saran and refrigerate.
If I need to define it more, I cut away bits with a serrated knife, or barely warm it again and mush more.

newnancy Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:14am
post #6 of 6

I tried the RTK for the 1st time last week & it was real quick to set up while still warm. I never thought about warming it in the microwave, I'll have to try that next time. I did use an electric knife to trim where necessary, worked great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%