I Have An Idea For A Cake.

Decorating By imamommy1205 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm by cheatize

imamommy1205 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 5

I have recently experimented with poured frostings. Just my normal buttercream, gently melted in a saucepan and poured over the cake. What I was thinking was a strawberry cake baked in a bundt pan, pour pink frosting over it. Then drizzle melted chocolate over the top and top with fresh strawberries. So I have a couple questions.

When baking a regular cake mix in a bundt pan, should I do somehting differently? Should I bake it at 325 instead of 350? Does anyone know roughly how long I should bake it?
I have only made 1 kind of cake in that kind of pan and it it much denser than a fluffier cake like am thinking about.

My strawberry cake recipe includes strawberry gelatin. Will putting a little strawberry gelatin in my frosting work to make it strawberry frosting?

And what do you think is the best chocolate to put on top? Bittersweet, semi sweet, chocolate syrup?

4 replies
ayerim979 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 5

wish I can be of more help, I will definately BUMP for yah see if I can come up with something , I 'll let you know. Good Luck

cheatize Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:51am
post #3 of 5

I don't think putting strawberry gelatin in frosting will work because it won't dissolve. Normally you could dissolve it in warm liquid, but frostings don't have much liquid. You could use a flavored oil like Lorann's though.

imamommy1205 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks cheatize! I will look for some flavoring.

cheatize Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 5

You're welcome.
I still don't know about the bundt pan. Maybe you can contact the manufacturer of the pan and ask. I know I contacted Pyrex about something and they answered in a couple of days. (By the way, you can bake in a Pyrex 2 cup glass measuring cup- just in case you ever need to make a big cupcake. icon_smile.gif )
If it were an Angel food pan, I'd say it would be fine since Angel food cake is very light. I'm just not sure about a bundt pan, though. Maybe try a test run?

Quote by @%username% on %date%