I Have An Idea For A Cake.

Decorating By imamommy1205 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm by cheatize

imamommy1205 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 5

I have recently experimented with poured frostings. Just my normal buttercream, gently melted in a saucepan and poured over the cake. What I was thinking was a strawberry cake baked in a bundt pan, pour pink frosting over it. Then drizzle melted chocolate over the top and top with fresh strawberries. So I have a couple questions.

When baking a regular cake mix in a bundt pan, should I do somehting differently? Should I bake it at 325 instead of 350? Does anyone know roughly how long I should bake it?
I have only made 1 kind of cake in that kind of pan and it it much denser than a fluffier cake like am thinking about.

My strawberry cake recipe includes strawberry gelatin. Will putting a little strawberry gelatin in my frosting work to make it strawberry frosting?

And what do you think is the best chocolate to put on top? Bittersweet, semi sweet, chocolate syrup?

TIA!

4 replies
ayerim979 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 5

wish I can be of more help, I will definately BUMP for yah see if I can come up with something , I 'll let you know. Good Luck

cheatize Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:51am
post #3 of 5

I don't think putting strawberry gelatin in frosting will work because it won't dissolve. Normally you could dissolve it in warm liquid, but frostings don't have much liquid. You could use a flavored oil like Lorann's though.

imamommy1205 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks cheatize! I will look for some flavoring.

cheatize Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 5

You're welcome.
I still don't know about the bundt pan. Maybe you can contact the manufacturer of the pan and ask. I know I contacted Pyrex about something and they answered in a couple of days. (By the way, you can bake in a Pyrex 2 cup glass measuring cup- just in case you ever need to make a big cupcake. icon_smile.gif )
If it were an Angel food pan, I'd say it would be fine since Angel food cake is very light. I'm just not sure about a bundt pan, though. Maybe try a test run?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%