How To Make A Leopard Print On Cake

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 9:51pm by 2txmedics

Brendabeeper Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 8

Help, I need to know how to make a leopard print for a cake for a friends daughters. I do not have airbrush and can use suggestions on this
thanks for any help you can give.

7 replies
Brendabeeper Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 8

need leopard print to look similar to photo
LL

varika Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 8

What medium are you using? Buttercream, fondant, what? Because if you're using fondant, you could paint them on with a brush. Alternately, you could use fondant as accents and lay a lighter piece on a darker, then attach the whole spot to the cake--you can even do that on buttercream.

Brendabeeper Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 8

I was thinking of using fondant and then adding a print, I have the front portion of the Standup lion cub pan was going to lay it on top a a square cake. Using leaves for a jungle type backdrop the leaves will be butter cream the only part fondant would be the lion cub .
thanks

varika Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendabeeper

I was thinking of using fondant and then adding a print, I have the front portion of the Standup lion cub pan was going to lay it on top a a square cake. Using leaves for a jungle type backdrop the leaves will be butter cream the only part fondant would be the lion cub .
thanks

By all means, then, paint the print on with food coloring, or with petal or luster dust mixed with alcohol. It works beautifully. You can even use airbrush colors to paint with, if you don't have an airbrush.

sweetsadiecakes Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 8

there is an edible image with leopard print you can order from just about anywhere. I've never used it but have some on order in a different print. Type in edible image and see what you find.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 8

It could be achieved with buttercream and brush embroidery too.

2txmedics Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 8

if your using b/c yo can do what I did...i wanted to do a zebra print cake, but I dont work in fondant...I have a hard time with it. We fight.

so I did mine first I did my color base on the cake in b/c and then I got a plain white computer paper and an exacto knife and I cut zebra stripes on the paper...kind of like making a stencil.

Then I held it up to the cake and I airbrushed it onto the cake. My end result was my Tinkerbell cake in my photos.

good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%