A Really Bright Yellow Color For Bc..suggestions?

Decorating By Melchas Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 2:46am by yazzie82

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 7

I am making softball cookies pops for my dad's softball tournament. The ball that they use is a very bright, almost flourecent, yellow. I have wilton's golden yellow and lemon yellow, neither is the right color. Is there another brand I could try? Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Melyssa

6 replies
sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 7

Definitely the Electric color line by Americolor! Just google for colors and many companies sell them, even local cake shops and maybe craft stores.

holly4409 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holly4409 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 7

americolor has an electric yellow and an electric green. i have never used them, but have seen them in the bottle... they both look very "neon" HTH

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 7

I got the AmeriColor electric gel colors at a class I went to and they will definitely make bright buttercream.

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly4409

americolor has an electric yellow and an electric green. i have never used them, but have seen them in the bottle... they both look very "neon" HTH

I've used them (I bought the whole set of colors). There's no doubt they are NEON when mixed into frosting or fondant!

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you guys so much! I just checked with my local decorating shop and they have the americolor elctric yellow. Yay!

yazzie82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yazzie82 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:46am
post #7 of 7

I use electic yellow by americolor and i think it is pretty bright!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%