Can I Turn A White Cake Mix Into A Chocolate Cake?

Decorating By JoJo4 Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 9:20pm by sadsmile

JoJo4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo4 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 4

I did a few searches but nothing came up. I have a cake I need to bake in like 15 mins and I got a last minute email from my customers asking if we could do chocolate cake instead of the white. I already bought the white cake mixes (I always doctor the mixes) and I am unable to go out and get a chocolate mix. I told her the best I could do would be a marble cake. Can I doctor up some of the white cake mix so it's chocolately enough to "pass" in a marble cake?? Can I add chocolate syrup or cocoa powder? I did a few online searches and I saw someone did cocoa powder and some additional liquid. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Joanne

3 replies
confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 4

You could also use chocolate pudding mix, if you have any on hand. Otherwise, I think what you found from your search should work fine. HTH and good luck!

JoJo4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo4 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks. I used the chocolate syrup i had on hand and it worked well. Hopefully my customer will be happy! icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 4

Shoot if I'd have seen this before I would have told you to add the coco powder and a touch of extra oil. Coco powder makes it dry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%