Mmf Cracking Again

Decorating By Amymnn Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 7:11pm by woodruffbn

Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 5

I tried to make MMF again and am still having trouble with it cracking. I added less powdered sugar and still had the same result. I'm wondering what else I could try? Could the corn starch I'm using to keep it from sticking to my work surface be adding to the problem? In my pictures, you can see the difference in my MMF which is on the Cubs hat and I used Satin Ice on the baseball. Both were made from RKT. I would really appreciate your input because I really like the taste of MMF compared to Satin Ice (although the satin ice is very good) Please? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

(Sorry, I tried to upload the photo into my post and kept resizing it but I kept getting a message that the image was to big)

4 replies
pink7200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pink7200 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 5

Have you tried using shortening when rolling it out on the counter? By incorporating a little more shortening I believe this will help it from drying your dough out. I also use half corn starch and half powder sugar when dusting my counter. I hope this helps

Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 5

I have not tried the shortening. Do I just coat my hands with it and incorporate it as I'm kneading? Thanks so much for your help icon_smile.gif

pink7200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pink7200 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, you put some on your hand and rubb some on your counter or mat and work your way from there. Just work a little at a time until you feel that your dough is pliable..

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 5

I use shortening to get the powdered sugar into the marshmallow goo. Also, my recipe says that when you wrap it up to put in the fridge to 'rest' that it needs a little coating of shortening to help it not dry out. But When i get ready to roll it to put it on my cake, i use cornstarch. HTH!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%