Will Fondant Covered Cookies Get Ruined By Being Packaged?

Baking By FlourPots Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 12:47am by indydebi

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 6

I know people package their cookies and tie them with a pretty ribbon, but wouldn't that soften and ruin the fondant?

I'm making flip-flop cookie favors soon and I'm afraid the straps won't hold up once bagged.

5 replies
kaw123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaw123 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

If you don't let your fondant dry/harden for a few hours then you will have a problem. If you wait a few hours or even overnight then bag the cookies, they should be fine.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 6

I almost always individually bag my fondant covered cookies. It does not hurt them at all. I do wait as kaw123 suggests for a few hours before bagging them. If I keep them overnight, I layer them between wax paper in a plastic container with a lid, the container is not airtight. You can also freeze them, they come out just as nice as when you put them in. Thaw on the counter without unwrapping. I usually get mine out the night before. HTH

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 6

Mine were just fine. The bag didn't hurt the fondant at all. I waited a day to bag them.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:08am
post #5 of 6

Thank you all so much...I will certainly follow your advice.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:47am
post #6 of 6

Just adding my two cents..... the T-shirt cookies I did a few weeks ago had to be frozen because the soccer game was rained out. My daughter stored them in the freezer, in bags, thawed them and took them to the re-scheduled game and everyone loved them. Held up fine. No color bleeding or anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%