Attention! San Antonio And Hill Country Cake Ladies!

Business By cakesdivine Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 6:48pm by carolinescakes

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 6

It looks like a venture I have been hoping to offer is going to become a reality! icon_biggrin.gif

I am building a kitchen on Canyon Lake that I will offer to rent out to other cake artists who want to become legal for not a lot of money. Yes an incubator kitchen.

If you are interested in possibly renting time from me hit me back with a pm and I will forward you all the information that you need.

You can either rent by the hour or rent a dedicated time block for a very low monthly fee. I work a regular day job and teach dance some at night so the kitchen will be available every Mon-Friday until at least 4 pm and some days even later. I am commondearing for my own use Thursday nights, Friday Nights, and most of Saturday, but there should be room for shared space on Saturdays with one other person. No baking on Saturday however as the kitchen will need to be cool for decorating purposes, but there will be room for more than one decorator to be there working. Late Evenings will also be available. I am offering it available 24 hours so If your schedule needs you to come in at some very late hour to do your thing, it's all good! thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
cakesdivine Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 6

Going to see if I can bump this up myself, it is getting too far down on the page...Here goes nothing!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 6

What a wonderful idea, and very generous of you to be lending a helping hand to anyone out there. I will be watching how this goes. Please keep us posted how it actually works out. Thanks.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:34am
post #4 of 6

Wouldn't work for my schedule with travel time - due to work, I'm a midnight baker, so I'll "hobby on". I don't think I'm ready for paying customers anyway, so my family will continue to be my guinea pigs!

I know someone in that area that this proposal may interest, though. I'll let her know.

Congrats and good luck!

cakesdivine Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks CS...The kitchen will be available 24 hours! I am looking into having a key code lock installed on the door. Each "midnight" baker will receive their own personal code to enter, that way I have a log of who actually was there, also because it will be in a small community the Sherriff's Dept. will be keeping an eye on the place if someone is there for their safety. The key code lock will also keep you secure in the space at night so no one can just walk in on you, you will key in your code when you arrive and key in your code to leave.

Oh and in looking at your gallery, I'd say you are more than ready to have paying customers!

carolinescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinescakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 6

How much are you looking to charge say for monthly access? I'm in SA and just starting out. Thanks in advance.

Caroline

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%