Bav Cream, What Kind Of Cake Mix?

Baking By yamber82 Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 10:38pm by yamber82

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:22am
post #1 of 3

this is for a wedding. i was thinking of trying the wasc? recipe for this one, not sure though, but she said she wanted bavarian creme flavored filling. i was planning on trying the bag fillings. first of all, how many should i order for 3 tiers? and what kind of cake will go with it?

2 replies
maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:21am
post #2 of 3

If you have time I would only order one bag of filling to make sure you like it. I bought the chocolate bavarian filling and did not like it.

It's hard to tell you how much to order with the information you gave. What sizes are the three tiers? How many layers of filling do you do on each tier? Have you checked out the Cake Matrix? It can be found for download in the Business Forum right on top. You add which sizes of cakes and how many tortes you will be using and there is a page that will tell you the amount of batter, filling, and buttercream you will need for the cake.

Basically any cake will go with the bavarian cream, it's just vanilla flavored right?

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 3

that sounds helpful. i havn't seen it.

i am doing a 12, 10, and 6 with 3 torts each. i have never tired the bav cream and i've never tired the bag fillings but that's what she requested and her wedding is july 3rd so i need to order them asap. i think bav cream is just van pudding in a sense?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%