I've Come A Long Way!!!

Decorating By shannon100 Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 1:46pm by shannon100

shannon100 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 12

I was uploading my most recent cake photo to my photo site, and I realized that it was my 45th cake!! Yeah!! I've been decorating a little less than 2 years now. It's just a hobby for now, since I'm in Texas and can't do it from home, but maybe someday I'll be able to get paid for it. But I'm just amazed at the difference of 2 years!! I credit all my improvements to this site!! I've learned so much!!! I've watched several members videos and read countless threads to get tips for how to do it better. I'm so grateful!

Here is my very first cake. And here's my most recent cake:

One of the cakes I'm most proud of was my daughter's 2nd birthday cake.

I'm just so excited about my accomplishments and knew yall would understand here on CC! Thanks for sharing my excitement! icon_smile.gif

11 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 12

That's awesome! Congratulations and keep on cakin!

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 12

G icon_smile.gif Good for you, keep up the good work.

Madiken Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 12

That's terrific Shannon! You should be very proud. I too am starting to feel better about my results all the time.

mgwebb68 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 12

Good Job! I live in Texas too, so I'm in the same boat as you. I got hooked last year with a 4th of July cake. I look at it now and realize just how much I've learned. Most in the past few months from the folks here. I've learned so much, and with each cake I learn something new or have one of those "ah, ha" moments. I just do this for fun and seeing my family and friends reactions to my cakes is what I look forward too.

Keep up the great work, I know how you feel!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 12

I can definitely see a difference! It's nice to look back and think, hey, I'm getting better! You're daughters cake looked great! Keep up the good work!

cakes22 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:11pm
post #7 of 12

Great job! I can go thru and look at my cakes and recall the date & event.
I love your daughter's cake!

I'm looking back on my life thru cakes.......... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

JGMB Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:21pm
post #8 of 12

Congratulations, Shannon!!! Your cakes are looking great -- onward and upward!

Some day, I plan to go thru all of our old photos to find past cakes. I started out with one for my son's first birthday, and he's turning 26 this summer!!! I only dabble, and just took my first class last August, but hopefully, I've made some improvement in 25 years LOL.

Susie53 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:23pm
post #9 of 12

You're doing great work! icon_smile.gif

susanscakecreations Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:34pm
post #10 of 12

Great job! You're getting better with each one!
I know how good that feels! I learn something
new with every cake I do!

Keep up the good work! thumbs_up.gif

dhccster Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:41pm
post #11 of 12

It is funny to look back at our first cakes.... we we're so proud of them! Keep up the great work. Your cakes are looking great!

shannon100 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:46pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I appreciate it! I"m glad yall understand my excitement. icon_smile.gif

hsterling, your location says you live in the Netherlands. Are you at JFC? I was at Bitburg, Germany for 3 years. I just moved back last summer. I loved living in Europe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%