Best Deal For Americolor Gels/pastes?

Decorating By rolosgirl Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 3:58pm by katherinem

rolosgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rolosgirl Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 8

Looking to get some Americolor gels/pastes to color my fondant.

I am guessing they do not sell this at Michaels? I have not seen them at my Michaels store.

Where do you find the best deals? Online? Global sugar arts? another store?

Thanks so much for your help ladies...... you have all been so nice and helpful! I appreciate it!

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 8

I have heard that you can buy sets of them (instead of buying them individually). That's something that I've been meaning to check out myself, because Americolor is just great! I ordered the single colors that I do have from www.intotheoven.com.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:53am
post #3 of 8

The cheapest shipping I found when I only needed (literally) one tiny bottle of coloring was @ http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=color75

It was $2. and change.

cakeheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeheart Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:34am
post #4 of 8

i get them on amazon.com...you can buy individually or seperate and it gives you a list of sellers, the prices and shipping so you can choose the best deal! icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:24am
post #5 of 8

Oh yes! cooksdream.com has great prices. You can also use their 10% coupon code.

prayful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prayful Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 8

I bought my americolor sheen/metallics on Ebay 12 (.65 oz) bottles for 26.00 including shipment.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #7 of 8

Check fondantsource dot com. Call to see when more stock will arrive thumbs_up.gif

katherinem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katherinem Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:58pm
post #8 of 8

fondantsource definitely - this is going to be new store - they are less expensive than any other store or ebay seller out there - even their cutters are at great prices - I will be referring everyone i know to them - just found them while i was doing a search last night!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%