Any Ideas For A Hoe Down Cake?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 2:22am by 2txmedics

ttehan4 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 10

I have a cake to do for a ho down bbq this weekend. Its a 50 something birthday cake for a guy. Anything goes? Im just stumped for a good idea. I was thinking something to do with a saloon. I dont know... Help!

9 replies
cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 10

What about making a cake that looks like a grill with some burgers or hot dogs on it?

Rylan Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 10

whats the "hoe or ho" that you are reffering to?

ttehan4 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 10

lol. I wasnt sure how the "ho or hoe" should be spelled in this case... icon_biggrin.gif

I thought about the grill. My mom does this bbq every year. Its usually a luau now shes doing a ho or hoe down. She is doing very thing really western. My aunt asked me to do a surprise birthday cake for my uncle for the party and told me to do what ever I wanted. He loves pineapple desserts.. wouldnt that have went nice with the luau them. Anyway I was trying to come up with something to go with the theme.

jamiekwebb Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 10

cowboy hat, boots, spurs, bandanna, beer mug... just some ideas to maybe work with

yamber82 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 10

i don't think bbq really has to do with a ho-down (no offense) ho-downs are more of a blue-grass dance with the band playing banjo's, buckets with strings and jug blowing, lol. (don't ask me how i know this) haha. i would maybe do a round stage looking cake with some fondant rednecks playing those type of instuments

if it's just basically a western theme there is quite a bit of stuff you could do, but if they're really back woods you could make a big barrel cake to look like a keg with a tap or something. or make a very big rc cola and moon pie. i don't know where you are located so that might not make sense to you guys, lol.

ttehan4 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:25am
post #7 of 10

I know exactly what you mean. And yes it will be a big redneck, hillbilly party. I love the whisky barrel idea. That could work. Thanks a bunch.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:35am
post #8 of 10

I could get you a picture of my sister in law laying on the floor if that would help. LOL. Sorry I could not resist.

yamber82 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:45am
post #9 of 10

ya know now that i think about it, i have seen some new years cakes with a cute little drunken figure on them icon_smile.gif

2txmedics Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:22am
post #10 of 10

I once saw a western cake picture, cant find it now, but it was a Hay bale...the twine on it was fondant....had a lasso also on the side leaning on it...and boots...hat...made out of fondant also...she had it on a red bandana....the border on the cake was b/c in rope shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%