Gumpaste Plaque Shapes/templates

Decorating By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm by cakes22

SecretAgentCakeBaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make some gumpaste plaques to write messages on for the cakes. Where do you get your templates for the shapes? I cannot draw for the life of me, so if I try to make it myself, it will be all lopsided and goofy!

Thank you so much!!

6 replies
 cakes22  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 7

You can check in the "Galleries" section here on CC and there is a section for templates, you might find one there.

I use MSpublisher for shapes.

hth

sadsmile  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 7

you can buy cutters or photo copy out the shape you want and cut it out lay it on the fondant or gumpast and cut around it. I have done this twice now and love that i don't need to spend tons of money on the cutters.

tonedna  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 7

You can use molds, but In a bind you can use cookie cutters in the shape you desire.
Squares, ovals, really depend on what you are doing.
Edna icon_smile.gif

ladybug76  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 7

I try to sketch some out myself on paper first, or look online or here on CC then once I am happy with the design, I transfer to thin foam paper to cut out.... this way I can use the template again and again on future cakes!! I took a class once with Carrie B. and this was a hint she dropped to us!!!
Hope this helps!
~~ Jaime

SecretAgentCakeBaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks!

I could not find anything in the gallery template section.

I am planning on printing whatever design, laying it on the gumpaste and cutting around it. What I was wondering is, where do you find the design? Not an oval or square; I can make those easily in the word processor. I'm thinking of some of the ones that have the pretty edges or other shapes.

Thanks again!

cakes22  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 7

try google. I did that when I needed a celtic cross. Tons of stuff to choose from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%