Gumpaste Plaque Shapes/templates

Decorating By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm by cakes22

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make some gumpaste plaques to write messages on for the cakes. Where do you get your templates for the shapes? I cannot draw for the life of me, so if I try to make it myself, it will be all lopsided and goofy!

Thank you so much!!

6 replies
cakes22 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 7

You can check in the "Galleries" section here on CC and there is a section for templates, you might find one there.

I use MSpublisher for shapes.

hth

sadsmile Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 7

you can buy cutters or photo copy out the shape you want and cut it out lay it on the fondant or gumpast and cut around it. I have done this twice now and love that i don't need to spend tons of money on the cutters.

tonedna Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 7

You can use molds, but In a bind you can use cookie cutters in the shape you desire.
Squares, ovals, really depend on what you are doing.
Edna icon_smile.gif

ladybug76 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 7

I try to sketch some out myself on paper first, or look online or here on CC then once I am happy with the design, I transfer to thin foam paper to cut out.... this way I can use the template again and again on future cakes!! I took a class once with Carrie B. and this was a hint she dropped to us!!!
Hope this helps!
~~ Jaime

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks!

I could not find anything in the gallery template section.

I am planning on printing whatever design, laying it on the gumpaste and cutting around it. What I was wondering is, where do you find the design? Not an oval or square; I can make those easily in the word processor. I'm thinking of some of the ones that have the pretty edges or other shapes.

Thanks again!

cakes22 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 7

try google. I did that when I needed a celtic cross. Tons of stuff to choose from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%