Transfering Pic Onto Cake

Decorating By belle2424 Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 10:16pm by 2txmedics

belle2424 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!!! I am making a football helmet cake & want to put the team symbol on the helmet. I know about using the piping gel & parchment paper from my Wilton cake instructor but does anyone have a better, quicker, easier idea?!?! Any suggestions would be very helpful!!!! Thanks!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Kay_NL Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 3

I made the team logos on my football helmets out of fondant. I just printed off the logo, then cut out the biggest part and used the paper and a knife to cut out of fondant, then continued cutting out smaller pieces of paper then fondant, and layering them! It was pretty easy, and the added bonus is that I could do it ahead of time, store it in saran wrap, then just put it on the helmet without worrying about it not bending or taking too long in the final stages of cake decorating!!

Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

2txmedics Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, what I did you can see my boxer cake in my photos...I got a printed picture off yahoo images of the boxer, taped it down onto a cookie sheet.....I got wax paper, sprayed it with that whatever I put on it wouldnt stick and I wouldnt have problems pulling off.

then I got piping gel, tinted it black...and traced the boxer....I let dry...once it becomes rubbery...I layed it on the cake, so I had the traced image of the boxer on the cake...and then I filled it in with b/c using a star tip...once that dried, I got a paint brush, and used alittle vodka 2 drops, and some food coloring to shade it in for the gray colors.

You can do the whole image like this and then just transfer over, but be sure to MIRROR your image when you print it.

if you go see my boxer, please leave a comment. tks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%