Foodnetwood Cake Challenge...omgosh!

Decorating By michellesArt Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm by cylstrial

michellesArt Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 11

icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif i was so excited to watch the cake challenge last night cuz it featured one of my FAV decorators!! Anne of PinkCakeBox!! wow!!! she's so cool and calm and collected!! loved those fantasy flowers! also, i think that the girls totally kicked butt on that one!! (though i have to say i think the green and brown box was hideous-she really should have bent a little with her design to incorporate something of the bachelorette). and though she didn't win it was a great show!! love the winning cake-those sugar tiles were just amazing!! (is making sugar as easy as they make it look? i somehow really doubt that). plus that the other girl was almost disqualified!! how did you keep it together?!?! i would have had a complete meltdown!!
oh i just remembered something the judge (carrieanne?) said about the guy's cake-about it being kindof amature-ish...i agree that some elements were not very pro-the piping on the roulett(sp) wheel but i liked the cheesey/beach t-shirt tier-kindof campy (i hope that's what he was aiming for) icon_lol.gif

10 replies
DreamCakesOnline Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 11

Maybe Carrie never bought a shirt at the beach... I thought it was cute too...

bizcocho Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 11

Which show was this? I watched a cake challenge on food network but it was Shrek Cakes which Orlando Serrano won.

cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 11

I watched the Shrek challenge as well. I liked them all, but Orlando's was my favorite!

michellesArt Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 11

this one's theme was like the old dating game-3 bachelors and one bachlorette with the designers pairing up with the bachelors to make her a bday cake (from the q&a's that they had asked her earlier)

Rylan Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 11

Last night was the Shrek cakes.

I think you are talking about the one with Jennifer Matsubara. I thought there were 4 bachelors.

Alice1230 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 11

there were 4 bachelors and if you are interested in the tiles jennifer used there are quite a few threads on here where several of us have been trying them out....actually they are not a hard as you might think!

STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 11
Originally Posted by bizcocho

Which show was this? I watched a cake challenge on food network but it was Shrek Cakes which Orlando Serrano won.

Me too, on the east coast they showed Shrek the Musical Cake Challenge. The one with Ann was a few months back.

Anyway I so loved Jorg's Lord Faruuq that mirror was phenomanol (sp). But I agree wholeheartdly with the Judges Orlando's cake was the most representative of the "MUSICAL". And he deserved to win... If they thought that dragon was flat imagine what he would of done with out the mishaps and just another 30

Way to go Orlando.

cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 11

I really thought they all looked great. I didn't think the donkey cake should win though because of the broadway or bust sign and the boxes and stuff because it was the 100th episode. So I agreed with the judges. But if her theme had been right, her work was wonderful.

I also liked the lady with frame, but she shouldn't have used a real frame. Sheesh! Hasn't she watched enough of those shows to know that they were going to get upset about that?

And Yorg's design was great - but he just had a lot happen. That poor fondant! I just love all the shows though. And I wish I was half as talented as they are!

lecrn Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 9:05pm
post #10 of 11

I loved all the cakes on the Shrek challenge. I loved the donkey cake & thought that the judges were a little too hard on her. I agree it shouldn't have said "Broadway or Bust", but that was a darn good donkey. It didn't resemble a dog whatsoever. I also thought it strange that the judges kept saying that the donkey needed to look like the broadway character. I didn't think any of the other cakes did either. I think that Carrie may hold a little resentment from the last challenge that she was on.

cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #11 of 11
Originally Posted by lecrn

I think that Carrie may hold a little resentment from the last challenge that she was on.

That is exactly what I told my husband. I didn't think that the donkey looked like a dog at all. She did a GREAT job! And everyone made their cake look like the movie - not the play.

Quote by @%username% on %date%