Customer Forms

Business By Britt-K Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 1:55am by kellertur

Britt-K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britt-K Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:17am
post #1 of 5

I do cakes from home and was wondering if someone could post a sample of the customer agreement forms that they use. I'm also wondering when everyone collects payment? I usually request 50% after their consultation to book and then the rest upon delivery or after the wedding.

Thanx!

4 replies
chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:33am
post #2 of 5

I know that the Cake Boss website offers a free sample contract icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 5

There have been several contracts on here lately. I think there are some helpful forums in the templates gallery as well.

If it helps, before I found CC, I would go and look at cake websites and print their contracts. I don't sell cakes but I'm writing my business plan and just trying to figure out what I want it to say. Hope this helps!

froglover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froglover Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 5

Be careful about not getting FULL payment at least a week before the wedding or even a month out. Just think you've already baked, decorated, delivered and set up the cake. Now you have to find the very busy bride or groom for payment????? Or worse wait until after they come back from the honeymoon to pay up. Bridezilla already has had her perfect cake for her perfect wedding and now has no reason to pay. Maybe she'll put it as "well the cake was a little dry" or "the salmon color wasn't an exact match so I'm not gonna pay the rest". Please start getting payment before hand it only takes one time to be burned for quite a bit of $$$$$$ when it comes to wedding cakes.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:55am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglover

Be careful about not getting FULL payment at least a week before the wedding or even a month out. Just think you've already baked, decorated, delivered and set up the cake. Now you have to find the very busy bride or groom for payment????? Or worse wait until after they come back from the honeymoon to pay up. Bridezilla already has had her perfect cake for her perfect wedding and now has no reason to pay. Maybe she'll put it as "well the cake was a little dry" or "the salmon color wasn't an exact match so I'm not gonna pay the rest". Please start getting payment before hand it only takes one time to be burned for quite a bit of $$$$$$ when it comes to wedding cakes.

You have to wonder how thieves like that sleep at night or even look at themselves in the mirror. icon_confused.gif You've convinced me... payment before wedding.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%