How Long Until Disaster?

Decorating By maudabom Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 10:39am by Texas_Rose

maudabom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maudabom Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:54am
post #1 of 3

I have just started using mmf. I've read and seen icon_eek.gif some cake problems where the fondant will buckle, slide, bubble etc. My question is this, How long does it take to do that? I mean... overnight, an hour, immediately, after a day???? I'm scared to death that the first "customer" fondant cake will do one of those things after I've delivered it. I just finished double helmet cakes, put the fondant on Friday, finished and delivered Saturday, and the party was today. If the fondant was going to have any problems it would have done it overnight, right? I didn't get any irate calls, so I guess everything went well.......

2 replies
Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:53am
post #2 of 3

You are understandably nervous about your cake. Don't worry, you'll hear back. Just remember, if it was bad or a disaster, then you would have heard back immediately.

I'm sure it was fine. I always decorate my cakes the day before it is due, so any problems would have shown themselves by then. I'm sure yours was just fine and held up well. thumbs_up.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:39am
post #3 of 3

Problems show up by the next day, so if you were going to have any, you would have known icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%