Damask Style Cutters?

Decorating By bakerchick Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 10:25am by bakerchick

bakerchick Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 6

hi All

I recently made a cake that i needed to cut the details out by hand. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of this style of pattern in cutters.

it's the very popular damask style, (or traditional style i also believe its referred to) that i've seen in stencils.

I've got the tappits but find them a bit small and fidly. Can anyone advise if there are cutters out there and where from?

love the current damask style of stenciled cakes, but am too chicken to try on a "real" cake.

Thanks in advance

5 replies
all4cake Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:13am
post #2 of 6

There were cutters available at globalsugarart.com that when used together would create a fantastic damask type design....I'll look...seems like leahs used them on one of her cakes and it turned out greeeeat!

all4cake Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:22am
post #3 of 6

here's some edible images as an option


all4cake Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:28am
post #4 of 6

oooooooooooor...if you got the stencil (s), you could stencil the design with royal icing on parchment. Then, wrap the parchment around the same size pan that you wish to put the design on and allow it to dry. When dried, remove pieces from parchment and attach to side of cake. Maybe?

all4cake Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:34am
post #5 of 6

ooooooooooooor...take a print out of something like this
or one you wish to use...maybe your own design even...and place it under parchment and use chocolate or royal icing and make your pieces....

jennifermi has an example in her gallery using chocolate for her pieces

bakerchick Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:25am
post #6 of 6

Hi All4cake

Thanks so much for the info, i've found Stephen benisons cutters and he's the man!!

I've just got to try and affort them, theyare quite pricey.

But thanks heaps for the replies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%