Weight Loss Help...with The Chunky Monkeys!

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 1:50pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:13pm
post #361 of 1590

Welcome and good luck!!

Feel free to come here with accomplishments or downfalls. We have all been there and totally understand how you are feeling!

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 6:29pm
post #362 of 1590

I am back home again, and now have a superficial blood clot. icon_sad.gif I just can't get ahead can I??? I haven't read the most recent posts, will catch up soon.

I'm feeling down and bummed that first I got H1N1, now another blood clot, and I haven't exercised hardly at all because of these things. *sigh*

TexasSugar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:40pm
post #363 of 1590

Oh honey you will get back to the exercise, I know you will!

I've currently got a cold so I haven't even thought about exercise. Getting hot sends me in to a fit of coughs right now. I'm hoping my stopped up ear will unstop itself before I end up with an ear infection. And my stupid insurance doesn't take affect until the first of Dec, so I'm really hoping it doesn't end up as an infection and clears up on it's own.

I'm going to try to do well at the beginning of this week, as well as the end, but Thanksgiving, well that may be a different story. icon_smile.gif

HUGS everyone!

Kay_NL Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:31pm
post #364 of 1590

I think I need help, why is it that when I am down and out I eat like crap, it's like if I can't exercise I can't bring myself to eat well... So things have been rough. icon_sad.gif Was told at the Emergency Room that I can still exercise as my clotting issues are only in the surface veins and moving may help them loosen up... *sigh* Now if I could only get around to it.

I am overwhelmed by all that I need to do. Gutting playrooms, bedrooms, Dr. appointments, vehicle maintenance appointments, and life is crazy at work.

Feeling blue.....

TexasSugar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:37pm
post #365 of 1590

Katherine, I think when we are sick we start comfort eating, and that usually involves the things that are bad for us. Plus with all that you have on your plate I bet you are stressed on top of that. And what does stress do?

Don't forget to take a little time for yourself and do something you enjoy, weither it is go for a run or taking a hot bubble bath. Destress yourself a little when you can.

And don't forget we are here for ya, and totally understand how you are feeling.

Kay_NL Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 1:53pm
post #366 of 1590

peacebear, I know exactly how you feel. icon_sad.gif It seems to be an ongoing cycle for me too, we CAN do it, it is just sooooo hard sometimes!! I hope you visit us often here and hopefully we can support you as you try again! icon_smile.gif

Tracy, congrats on size 10 pants, that is soooo awesome!

I did some clothes shopping while away for work, and bought some knee high boots, some new shirts, etc. I didn't try on any pants and couldn't find a skirt that complimented my belly hang well. lol! I love denim for holding things in properly! I really want to take my Christmas money and just buy myself a pile of new clothes, my husband on the other hand wants to pool our money together and buy a new tv... Since I don't watch tv, but wear clothes, I hope I can win that argument! lol!!

Welcome sheeza!! You can do it!!

Your situation sounds a lot like mine! After I had my second child I was 210, and stayed there for way too long. I jump up and down around the 170 mark now and am finding it difficult to stick to anything that will just let me get to 155. icon_sad.gif

I avoided the scales today, am thinking I'll weigh in next Wednesday. I just couldn't take the disappointment knowing that I'm up right now. icon_sad.gif

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY AMERICAN FRIENDS TODAY! I hope you all have a wonderful day. icon_smile.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 2:29pm
post #367 of 1590

Hey everyone.. Well, I'm back home and getting settled again. Now I need to catch up on my favorite thread. Looks like we have a couple more members to our little group. Welcome!!! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the thread for a while. Life has been a bit crazy.... In skimming over, I see where you Tracy and Katherine have been a bit down and out. I so hope both of you are doing better now.
I didn't do a weigh in today either. Don't think I want to for a while icon_redface.gif Yep, don't want the disappointment right now. I know I've put back on what I had lost last month and the beginning of this month. I could give excuse after excuse but bottom line is, I didn't try hard enough. But I'm not gonna get real down on myself. With the holidays here I'm just happy if I manage to maintain what I am right now. Pick it up again on a more serious level once the holidays are over. I know myself well enough to know that if I deprive myself of some of the goodies, and sit back and watch everyone else eat, I'll be setting myself up for failure. Yep, gonna partake but try not to go overboard......
Now, it's time to go check on my collards and start on a couple more dishes that I'm trying to get out of the way today....... Hope you all have a WONDERFUL and blessed Thanksgiving..... I have so many things to be thankful for. One of those things are all of my Chunky Monkey buddies! Thank you each and every one for always being there for me. You give me encouragement when I'm down and pick me up when I've fallen. Yes, I am very thankful to each and every one of you!!!

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:50pm
post #368 of 1590

Hi yall! Not sure if anyone remembers me, but and I popped in for the first (and only, until now) time a couple of months ago, when I was 8 months pregnant. Well, my baby girl is now 18 days old and I NEED to get my diet kick started!!

I gained 30 lbs through my pregnancy, and lost 16 lbs through the birth process (and nothing since then), so have about 14 to go to get to my prepregnancy weight but that was already about 15 lbs over my max comfortable weight, so I really need to lose close to 30 lbs to try to get my body back to a comfortable size.

Todays weigh-in was especially depressing because Ive actually *gained* 1.5 lbs in the last week. icon_cry.gif

*sigh*

So far Im really struggling to get on the bandwagon Im just a sugar-aholic! If I could kick that habit, I know my weightloss would start up. I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight and am so bummed to have 30 lbs to lose. Ive been here before (and higher) and got it down eventually, but honestly it is so hard it is depressing! Im glad to be with a group who understands!!

Haven't had a chance yet to go back and read old posts but I will try to read back a few pages soon. For now I just wanted to say hi to everyone!!

TexasSugar Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:53pm
post #369 of 1590

Sept 23: 157.2
Sept 30: 156.4
Oct 7: 155.6
Oct 14: 156.2
Oct 21: 155.4
Oct 28: 153.8
Nov 4: 152.8
Nov 11: 151.4
Nov 18: 150.8
Nov 25: 148.6

Some how I lost 2.2lbs and I'm not really sure how. I honestly think the scale was playing tricks. I was 149.something Mon and Tues. But I'm gonna take this 2.2 and enjoy it and if it isn't still there next week I'll be okay with that.

To those that are having a hard time I totally understand. This isn't a struggle for nothing. It is a hard process that requires work and sometimes that just plan sucks!! But if we keep plugging away we can do it. I know we can.

I've missed you Margie, and am glad you are back. I've decide that instead of trying to lose during the holidays I just want to maintain where I am now. I'll take a loss, but I'm not going to stress about it if I don't.

Katherine, I'm with you on the clothes. Tell hubby that the TV can wait! icon_wink.gif

Maggie, congrats on the new addition to your family. Enjoy the time you have with your little girl while she is still so little. Boy do they grow up fast!

butternut Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:13pm
post #370 of 1590

WOW!!!! Tracy, look at you go!!!! Congratulations on a great loss.....You are really doing GREAT!!
CONGRATULATIONS Maggie on the birth of your precious little girl!!! I'm so glad to see you back on the thread. I know you can lose the weight you want and I look forward to getting to know you better. Oh and Tracy (TexasSugar) is so right, babies do grow up soooooo fast. I'm still in awe of the ages of my children AND GRANDCHILDREN....... Enjoy every single second......

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 1:18am
post #371 of 1590

Hello everyone. Congrat's on the birth of the baby, Maggie.

Grats on the weightloss, Texassugar! That's awesome! I am honestly afraid to weigh in this week. Husband and I have been sick and all I want is "comfort" food. I thank I will just wait until next week.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:34am
post #372 of 1590

This is my first post to this thread. I get discouraged easily when trying to lose weight. Takes too long to see results. So I found something that helped me. I you would like to know what it is just PM me.

TexasSugar Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:28pm
post #373 of 1590

Thank you girls! icon_smile.gif I'm thinking I'll be up a little this week, but I know the reason for it. I'm prepared and will be okay with what ever the scale says.

How are the Chunky Monkey's doing after the holidays??

I started Christmas baking last night. Sigh. If I'm not careful it will take me longer to comfortably fit in to those size 10's.

Kay_NL Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:45am
post #374 of 1590

I woke up at 170 again this morning. *sigh*. I DID go for a walk to work this morning and then a run at lunch time, need to keep on plugging away as my exercise and eating go hand in hand. I stop doing one, I stop doing the other...

Canadian Thanksgiving was in October but after my string of bad things I have fallen off the wagon in a big way... Here's hoping I can get out of my 12s and into 10s some day.... some day....

Tracy, you are doing awesome!!

cakes-r-us, why don't you share it with all of us?? We are all here for the same reason! icon_smile.gif Congrats on the weight loss!!

TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:51pm
post #375 of 1590

Katherine are ya feeling all better now? I'm glad to see you getting back into your exercise grove, that is the one thing I am really missing this time around. My mom is talking about buying a exerice bike now, and I'm still considering the ellipitical.

I weighed this morning and am up, alot, which I know I couldn't have gained 4lbs in a week, (could I?) so I'm really hoping it is just Mother Nature screwing with my body while Aunt Flow is visiting.

Kay_NL Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:09pm
post #376 of 1590

Tracy, I am back to normal! yay! icon_smile.gif We gutted my exercise room last night (as it was an office/exercise room) and removed all office stuff. It is so big in there now! icon_smile.gif I love ellipticals, they are my cardio machine of choice! I have an exercise bike but find I just can't get my heart rate up very high with it.

I'm sure it's just the Aunt making you heavier... I can easily drop or gain 5 pounds in a week. If only I could drop only! lol!!

TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:17pm
post #377 of 1590

I have an extra unused (except for the cat) bedroom that could totally be a work out area for me, if only I made it one. Which if I got a piece of exercise equipment I'd probably put it in there, seeing how my living room really isn't that big and the first room you want into in my house. Maybe I'll work on that after the first of the year.

Congrats on your work out room. Are ya gonna put mirrors on the wall, hehe, just kidding! icon_wink.gif

Kay_NL Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 5:33pm
post #378 of 1590

Oh dear, I already have a mirror on the wall! LOL!!! We renovated our bathroom a few years ago and it had a huge wall sized mirror, so we moved it in there, when my exercise room consisted of a set of dumb bells and an exercise ball. lol

Sounds like you have an awesome future exercise room! icon_smile.gif I've been adding to ours over the past 7 years, since we bought the house.

TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 7:38pm
post #379 of 1590

Hey having a mirror does help since you can see if you are doing the motions correctly. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 3:53pm
post #380 of 1590

Well my starting weight (on Sept 23) was 157.2. The end of Oct I was 153.8 and last week I was 148.6. Less than one pound away from losing a totaly of ten pounds this time around.

And today, I'm up. Grrrrr!!! It isn't as bad as yesterday's but I'm at 150.0. Maybe last week *was* just a fluke. I'm having trouble with this because it is the first time since Oct that I have gone up. Even though I was losing small amounts I was still losing.

So I'm trying to do all that self talk stuff. Going through the check list. Maybe I had something really salty yesterday, maybe I didn't drink enough fluids, maybe Aunt Flow is throwing me off.

But then there is that part of me that goes, well you did eat more than you should have on Thanksgiving. You did go out to eat Saturday night and ate more than you should have. Or maybe the fast food I've talked myself into the last few weeks is catching up with me. And we can not ignore the fact that I have Christmas cookies in my house and find myself standing in the kitchen over them at night. Ugh, Ugh, UGH!!!

I really did not want to gain over the holidays. I had told myself I would be okay with not losing, as long as I maintained. I mean I have lost almost 10lbs, that should count for something, but in my head all I can think is this stupid stupid gain.

Okay pity party is over. Time to go do some work...

I really hope everyone has a better weigh in this morning. Good luck!

ShelleyMJ Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:21pm
post #381 of 1590

You should be very proud of yourself. I think it's Aunt Flow that's throwing you off. I hated that woman with a passion. Unfortunately, I can't use that excuse anymore. icon_sad.gif

I'm back up too. I have gained back evey ounce I lost. I am so discouraged. You would think being sick and not eating as much would atleast allow you to maintain. NOPE, not me.

I'm trying to get back on track. I am eating light for lunch and back on the treadmill this evening.

Kay_NL Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:43pm
post #382 of 1590

Hugs to you Tracy, you are still doing AWESOME! You've still lost almost 10 pounds and of that you should be proud! icon_smile.gif I know, it is easier said than done, but just keep on with your good habits!

Shelley, so sorry to hear you are back up too. icon_sad.gif Get on the treadmill and try again!

I am at 166. icon_sad.gif I almost stayed below 165. It is discouraging to say the least, and I'm feeling very stressed about life in general... Between my husband, work, and my poor eating, I am stressed and slightly depressed. *sigh*

Well, that is 3 non-success stories this morning. COME ON MONKEYS! We all know we can do it, right??????? (Yes, I'm asking myself too)

TexasSugar Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:22pm
post #383 of 1590

Okay so I stepped on the scale this morning, and I am back to 149.8, which is closer to last weeks than yestersday. Oh and I realised I typed the wrong number yesterday it was 151.0 not 150.0 so it was actually one stupid pound more.

I was down yesterday myself. Part of it is the weight deal the other part of it is next week is my birthday and that has me depressed this year. I know there are postives that I should look at. Like I have a new full time job that is good and I have almost lost 10lbs. My highest weight was 183, so I have lost over 30lbs and am at my lowest weight since puberty. But then I think about how I am still single and it doesn't look like that will change any soon. And I still haven't had any kids (was waiting to be married for that) and I really want to be a mother. So floating around in my head is how I am getting older and closer to 35. Sigh.

And yeah I know 31 isn't old and I know that I don't look my age, but it's still bugging the hell out of me.

I hope we can all work through our funks and keep plugging away at this! HUGS my sisters and thank you for being here!

butternut Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 11:48pm
post #384 of 1590

Hey guys...
OK, yep, my weight is up too. Shame on me!!!!! But that's ok, I'm ok with it. I'm sorry that I put in the effort to lose and then gain but I know that it's all gonna change when I'm ready for it to. I will lose the weight that I have set out to lose, it will just be at a later date than I expected.
I'm gonna keep my positive attitude (and my lard butt clothes) icon_lol.gif and I will get back on the right track after the holidays. Please don't get down on yourselves. Think positive and it will all come into place. Right now is the worst time of year for losing weight. At least it is for me. I'm ok with waiting until the time is right for me so that I can better accomplish my goals. That time will be January 2nd! Meantime, I'm not gonna gorge myself but try to eat in moderation. Come on, guys, think positive and lets just enjoy the holidays....

TexasSugar Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:12pm
post #385 of 1590

Margie, one of the guys at work is 'on a diet'. I had noticed he hadn't eaten any cookies and he is one of the biggest sweet tooths up here. I was like dude you picked the wrong time of year.

I think this is the worse time to start a diet. Because there are so many things going on and people tend to be baking more (well more than us cakers). I was hoping that since I had had some better eating habits in place that it would help me atleast get through the season with out gaining.

Right now I have a cookie plate on my desk that I'll actual have to restock here shortly. I did good yesterday though, I didn't have a cookie all day. icon_smile.gif Now the day before that, was a different story. I guess if I can skip days between eating them then it won't be as bad as if I eat them every day. Eventually before Christmas comes I'll get tired of them.

I'm not giving in yet, and hope that next weeks weigh in has me closer to where I was last week. But like you I will be focusing harder after the first of the year. I'll be out of town until the 4th, but after that, it will be on! icon_wink.gif

TexasSugar Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:46pm
post #386 of 1590

I think, no I know, that my eating is off. I'm getting more relaxed and we all know what happens then. I really need to get back on track, especially since I have those pants waiting on me. Right now I'd just like to get to 147, so I can atleast say I lost 10lbs this time around.

My mom's lost 17lbs on her diet, so I better crack the whip or she is gonna catch up to me and we will be fighting over clothes. icon_wink.gif

How is everyone else doing?

TexasSugar Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:13pm
post #387 of 1590

Where is everyone? icon_sad.gif It's lonely in here!

Yesterday was my birthday so I declared it a free calorie day. I wasn't going to stress over what I ate, especially since my parents took me out to dinner and just enjoy the day. Of course when I said that I knew I was going to 'start over' today, so it was that last bad eating before doing better.

This morning for breakfast I had hot tea, yogurt and an orange. I know I should have had more calories but nothing else was sounding good. I had a cheese stick for snack and right now I'm deciding about lunch. My brother and uncle asked me what was for lunch and I have to figure out if I want to pick some where and order as healthy as I can off the menu or if I want to just get a frozen meal out of my fridge.

Lunch will be the hardest part for me to get back on track since I'm faced with the option of fast food every day. And I just decided that today I would not eat fast food for lunch!

The rest of the week I will:
1. Drink more water or at least Ice Tea. I've gotten of track and realise that I am not drinking as much as I should be and have been.
2. Choose healthy food from home over fast food more often than not.
3. Make the time for some form of exercise.

I know if I do those things then it will help me get closer to my goal.

I do not have any classes for Dec, so it would be a good time to use those evenings for some work out. Plus my parents are going to help me buy an eliptical (instead of paying for the month of that diet) so I will have that at home to use. Guess that means I need to do some cleaning so I have a place to put it, then get together with momma to go shopping for it.

BTW, my weight is up again this week. I weighed 152 this morning. I'm hoping most of it is back lash from dinner out last night and salty food I had for lunch yesterday. I had been hanging around 150, but then again my weight has been up, so it could be gain. Either way I'm going to work on changing it back to those 140s again. Maybe by Christmas I'll make it to 147.

ShelleyMJ Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:29pm
post #388 of 1590

Hi there. No more being lonely. I wish you lived closer. I have an eliptical that I would be more than happy to hand over to you. I cannot use it.

I am sitting here wondering what I would give to be in the 150's. I haven't seen that number in about 2 yrs. I will get there. I am certain of it.

I have been really bad lately. I haven't stuck to my diet and have gained back every ounce I lost. As you might imagine, I'm not very proud of myself.

I just returned from my yearly check up with my surgeon. My bypass is open and functioning properly. I have been given the "go-ahead" to exercise as much as my body will allow. No high impact! I'm good for another year.

My husband is going to hook up a tv and stereo system in the exercise room so I can have some noice while I sweat!

Have a wonderful day!

TexasSugar Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:56pm
post #389 of 1590

Welcome back Shelley. I'm glad your check up turned out well. icon_smile.gif I know how you feel because I too have gained back weight. It sucks cause you know how to lose weight and you know what to do, and then you realise that it is no one elses fault but yours that you haven't been doing what you should.

I use to hope that one day I'd be able to eat with out really thinking about it. I know now that calories will always be a part of my life. I don't have to get super crazy about them, but I do need to pay attention to what I am doing. It is easy for a good habit to slowly turn back into a bad habit.

I keep saying it is a journey and I know it is one I will always be on, that we will always be on. But we can do it!

Hope you are having a great day too!

ShelleyMJ Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:19pm
post #390 of 1590

Please forgive me....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%