Baby Booties

Decorating By davespeg Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 1:23pm by ninatat

davespeg Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 9

Is there a templae or instruction on how to make those adorable booties. I'm doing the cake for my favorite nephew's soon to be born son and I want to do it right. HELP...I'm a newbie........... icon_surprised.gif

8 replies
Mme_K Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 9

In the Galleries, there is a section calledSketches & Patterns & Templates It is under the title Miscellaneous.
I found this template there. There are also others, if this isn't what you need.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=574533

HTH thumbs_up.gif

pbeckwith Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 9

I don't know what booties you're talking about but I made a pair of booties for the top of a 9" round. Made 6 mini cupcakes - 3 for each bootie. One on top of the other for the ankle part and one for the toe, glued it all together with icing, then used the star tip to fill it all in, rose tip for a ruffle around the top and plain tip for the strings, then the star tip again for little pompoms. Really cute. I was told the mom-to-be took them off the cake and said she was going to freeze them for the baby's first birthday.

davespeg Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 9

Mme_ K, many thanks for the help. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have a month to practice so I'll let you know how they turned out. Thanks again icon_smile.gif

davespeg Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 9

pbeckwith.........thank you for your suggestion using mini cupcakes for the booties. As I have 3 nephews on my husbands side of the family, I'll have penty of oppurtunities to try this method. Thank you for your time and insstructions. icon_smile.gif

Mme_K Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 9

Be sure to post pictures here, so we can see them!
Good luck!

MessiET Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 9

There is a template for the booties but also you can buy a cutter at your cake supply store.

CakesbyCindi Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:28pm
post #8 of 9

I just made a pair out of fondant, I bought a set of cutters, but there are templates on here. If you look in my photos you will see the ones I just made

ninatat Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 9

hi i made those a and they are really cute but i didn't realize how small they are, next time i'm going to enlarge them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%