Scheduel Oops!

Decorating By reenie Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 1:21am by sarahcupcake

reenie Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 6

I had a customer change the date of their cake on me from Sat. to Sun. I didn't realize it was from this Sat to NEXT Sun.! It's covered in a 1/4" layer of all butter buttercream, fondant and four layers or plastic wrap... will it be okay until June 14th?! I've let my own cakes sit in the fridge like this for 3 days before we cut into it but NEVER a whole week! Is there hope or should I start making decorations to make the same cake for this coming weekend?

5 replies
peg818 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 6

I would pop it in the freezer, and you shouldn't have any problems then.

reenie Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 6

I don't have enough room in my freezer, would the fridge work?

Deb_ Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 6

No the fridge won't work for an entire week. Can you pull the decorations off and save them for next week?

Ruth0209 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 6

If they called to change the date so late that I'd already made the cake, I think I would have told them that it was too late to change the order and that they needed to pick up and pay for the cake. Then if they wanted to try to hold it for a week, it would have been on them.

If you just misunderstood and made the cake too early, I'd consider it a loss and bake a fresh one for them for next week.

sarahcupcake Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:21am
post #6 of 6

Oh bless your heart! I HATE it when things like this happen, I have to agree with Ruth though and toss it if you can't freeze it. It stinks, but it's your reputation on the line and you don't want to deliver something you can't fully stand behind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%