Hand Mixers

Decorating By playingwithsugar Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 10:42pm by TexasSugar

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 5

Hey, All!

I am seeking recommendations on a new hand mixer. I want something powerful but not as big as a rotary saw. I had a great GE, with a retractable cord, but it died on me. I can't find another like it, so I'm leaving it up to all of you.

Thanks!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

4 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 5

I have my mother's old BrAun 220 Watt hand mixer. The thing is about 20 years old (she got it as a wedding gift), has three speeds and works GREAT! I've even dropped the poor thing on the floor and had the guts spill out of it, taped it together and the thing still runs like new! BrAun all the way for me.

bevyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bevyd Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 5

I have a Sunbeam six speed mixmaster,that was purchased at Target in 1986 or 87 I can't remember but it is still going strong.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 5

do check out shopkitchenaid.com they generally have their hand mixers on special.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 5

I got a 9 speed KA hand mixer on one of their online sales. I paid for it what I would have paid for a 7 speed in the store and didn't have shipping added to it. The 9 speed comes with dough hooks and a whisk.

My mom has the 7 speed and it works great as well. I even had a 5 speed for years and used it for buttecream and royal icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%