Non-Dairy Whipped Topping Cake Decorating

Decorating By Cojack Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm by Rose_N_Crantz

Cojack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cojack Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all. I currently started making cakes for family. I only use the Non-Dairy whipped topping to ice the cakes.
Does anyone else out there use this product? if so, how do you feel about trying to stencil with a chocolate?

Thanks everyone who have provided some insight on this product.

icon_cool.gif

3 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 4

If it is what I think it is, it is pretty "fluffy", isn't it ? I thnk the stencil would stick to it and ruin the design...... I have never tried it, but I think that is what would happen....

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 4

Oh, this is funny !! I was looking through the galleries for "bees", and I stumbled onto this cake.....
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1200629

It is just what you were talking about, and it looks like she stenciled on it.... why not PM her and see what she did ?

Now you have to tell me what you ment by your icing, because OBVIOUSLY it isn't what I had in mind at all !

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 4

Whipped topping won't crust over, it will stay sticky. So if you're going to be laying anything on the cake that is going to be removed for presentation, always use a crusting buttercream. Let the frosting crust over, lay down your stencil and when your done, carefully lift off the stencil.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%