My 1St Wedding Cake

Decorating By SharonG Updated 18 Feb 2005 , 5:23am by CarolAnn

SharonG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonG Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone,
I will be preparing my first "real" wedding cake in the Fall. I say real because I have only so far decorated and assembled "dummy cakes". I'm very confident as I have been baking for friends and family for a while. the person for whom I am baking has asked for a layer of cheesecake between the cake layers with fresh strawberries. this seems like it would make the cake pretty heavy, and expensive (not that I have a problem with that part icon_wink.gif ) I made a suggestion to do this type of cake as a grooms cake. the bride has not decided, and I did assure her that I could make this type of cake. the cake is for about 200 people, that seems like a lot of cheesecake. my question to someone out there is have you ever prepared a cake of this type and what if any were the difficult areas?

thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 5

Good for you! thumbs_up.gif Sounds like fun! I've never done a cake/cheesecake/cake layered cake before but I do a lot of cheesecakes. My advice would be to make sure you have a good sturdy cheesecake recipe that you are comfortable making, because they can be pretty tempermental! You might also check out pastryscoop.com for useful information regarding stacking/layering cheesecakes.

Pinky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pinky Posted 18 Feb 2005 , 12:10am
post #3 of 5

The cake sounds fabulous! I agree that it would be very heavy! What flavor of icing would you do if she chooses it for the wedding cake?

YOU GO GIRL!!!! I WANT PICTURES~ detective.gif

Pinky! icon_biggrin.gif

SharonG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonG Posted 18 Feb 2005 , 2:08am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for your input. I think if she goes with the cheesecake and fresh strawberries, I will use a buttercream slightly tinted in ivory coloring with a hint of citrus flavor. I'll have to experiment and get some feedback from a few taste testers.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 18 Feb 2005 , 5:23am
post #5 of 5

Wow SharronG, this sounds interesting! I'll be waiting to see how this comes out. Sounds pretty yummy too! Good luck and keep us posted please.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%