How About A Thread To Pay Tribute?

Decorating By shelly786 Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 12:34pm by shelly786

shelly786 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:43am
post #1 of 19

I just wondered if there has been a thread to pay tribute to all those wonderful people that inspire us all with their work and often we use their ideas without having said thanks! Who's with me? You could maybe have a link to the cake photo that inspired you and your version next to it.

18 replies
Evoir Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:58am
post #2 of 19

It would be nice for folks to actually credit the designer and executioner of a cake, yes.

And also not pass off someone else's work off as their own.

grama_j Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:05am
post #3 of 19

I think it is a GREAT idea........

" And also not pass off someone else's work off as their own."

I don't know of anyone on CC that has done that..... most people here are straight shooters and very honest....... Can't speak for the "lurkers", but CC people are just SUPER !

Texas_Rose Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:13am
post #4 of 19

I'll start with the thanks...

Thanks Indydebi for sharing your buttercream recipe! Yesterday I took a cake across town in my car that doesn't have AC when it was 95 outside, and my cake held up perfectly.

Thanks Tonedna for your wonderful video tutorials on youtube! They're so helpful (and you look like Cake Decorating Barbie, if they made one icon_biggrin.gif)

Thanks everyone else for all the knowledge you've shared! I have learned so much here that sometimes I can't believe it...or remember it all when I need it either...so it's great that I can always come back here and ask.

Eisskween Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:20am
post #5 of 19

Maybe a Cake Central Awards? For people to nominate and vote on the people who have been a great inspiration, amazingly helpful, etc.? I know that many people have inspired me and to list them would take forever.

A few that stand out are: Jackie, Heath, Leahs, Indydebi, Tonedna, Aine2, JanH, just to name a few that have done so much and gone out of their way to be helpful and inspirational.

But I want to thank everyone that has posted cakes or answered one of my questions, posted tutorials or links to assist many of us. We couldn't have done it without you!

Evoir Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:21am
post #6 of 19

Sorry I did not mean to sound negative, and I won't ruin this thread with my story of stolen pics...I agree CC people are the most inspiring and helpful I have found on the web icon_smile.gif

For me, it has been a blessing to find so many like-minded people passionate about cake like I am! I never thought there were so many others out there like me!

I want to thank everyone from all corners of the globe bringing their regional variations to this website, so we all learn techniques and styles from other cultures! Thank you!!

JGMB Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:23am
post #7 of 19

This is so timely!! I actually had on my to-do list today to thank 2 ladies on CC for their recipes. So, here goes . . .

Thanks to azeboi2205 for her awesome Decorators' Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. It's SO delicious and really easy to smooth and pipe! The cake I used it on was for a retiring teacher, and the frosting was a big hit with his Home Ec teacher colleagues at the High School. (Thank Heaven, nothing bad will go on my permanent record. icon_wink.gif )

And a big thanks to kakeladi for the WASC recipe. I just used it for the first time on a topsy-turvy. It was great to carve, and all of my daughter's single friends thought it was so delicious, they threatened to hit me up for wedding cakes!!!

grama_j Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:31am
post #8 of 19

I just thought of something......... We already HAVE THIS !! I think with the revamping it has gotten lost in the shuffle......... We used to do it every month or so....... look at the bottom of the box where you post...... after you have been on CC for while, a little box will appear that says "NOMINATE ME", and has a place for a check mark....... if it is someone you really like, you check the box and that person is nominated to be the "special" person for that time period...... they did a photo, and story on each member that won....... Let's remind Jakie and Heath that we would like to see that feature returned....... ( Not that they have anything else gong on right now ! icon_lol.gif )

shelly786 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 12:47pm
post #9 of 19

I just realised there would be too many photos to upload! Maybe the award is a better idea maybe one we can idividually paste on to the CC photo that inspired us!

grama_j Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 12:52pm
post #10 of 19

Shelly...... please read my previous post..... we already have a "reward" system in place....... we just need Jackie and Heath to get it going again.....

adven68 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:07pm
post #11 of 19

well, I would like to thank everyone for their support, always. J & H, of course, for running this whole thing.

I've also been meaning to particularly thank Leahs for her tutorial on the sps system...Edna & Lorraine for their great videos & if I have ever failed to thank a commenter, please know I did not intentionally do so!

icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #12 of 19

Oh this is a tough one. There are just so many people to thank. I just want to say, THANKS to evereyone here on CC! Thanks for the tips and advices in or out of cake decorating.

aine2 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:14pm
post #13 of 19

Aw! How lovely to always get a mention for this kind of thing but in all honesty, thank YOU ALL for being so appreciative, grateful, willing to learn....and for making a wee Scottish lassie feel ever so welcome wherever she goes! I am truly grateful for the generosity of so many and for all the hard work and time that goes into this site. It's a pleasure to be a part of it. Cheers m'dears! thumbs_up.gif

Group hug! icon_lol.gif

SJ169 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:26pm
post #14 of 19

I dont think i would even know where to start when it comes to thanking people! Everyone on CC is so so amazing and helpfull! I am so happy that I found this site! Although I must say a thanks to jsmith for her topsy turvy video.. i think i watched it like 15 times before I did my topsy tuvry cake. And Edna thank you for your videos on youtbue they are great and alwasy responding to my forum quesitons icon_smile.gif
I dont know how I would have done half of the things I have done without CC!!
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazyteach Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:38pm
post #15 of 19

I want to take a moment and thank everyone for posting their pictures-their recipes- and ideas. I have used many ideas on here for borders and different items. I loved the cakes by lillmansmum. I used her ribbon in the corners and her borders.

I hope one day that I can become good enough to help others in here!

DyMakesCake Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:59am
post #16 of 19

I have learned so much from so many different people on this site. But the ones that stick out...

Indydebi for her buttercream recipe, it changed the way I viewed BC and I haven't used anything else since I found hers.

Kakeladi for her WASC. This opened up so many different flavor combinations that I never thought were possible. It's taken me awhile to get the baking times down with it and my messed up oven but I love it.

Tonedna......I just found her tutorial videos today and they are AWESOME! Not to mention she is gorgeous and I could listen to her talk all day long. When someone that talented and obviously very busy, takes time to make those for all of us beginners....well that goes a long way.

Macsmom for handling the gourmet flavors google doc. There are endless possibilities there with cake flavors.

Overall I think everyone brings something a little different to the CC table and I am grateful to each and every one of them.

hollyh Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #17 of 19

Can you point me to Indydebi's buttercream recipe?

I too want to thank everyone here for there help. I can't imagine trying to learn all this without this website. Thanks!

DyMakesCake Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:36pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyh

Can you point me to Indydebi's buttercream recipe?

I too want to thank everyone here for there help. I can't imagine trying to learn all this without this website. Thanks!

Sure!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-0-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

shelly786 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:34pm
post #19 of 19

I second everyone's comments.Personally there are too many people to thank but a few that stand out are people like Lorraine Mckay aka Aine2 who goes out of her way to help people,for making wonderful easy to follow videos and tutorials for newbies like me:JanH- for help in the forums-a real superstar! I have never attended any classes,this website is where I pick up all my information. Also, a big thankyou to all those that take the time to write articles and recipes that I've used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%